Whatcha doin????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

What am I doing? Responding to a lot of thoughts about Calvinism in another thread! :eek:

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

You were predestined to do so.
    ;)

3. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Got some more work done in the attic. Another 50 gallons of cellulose lifted and bagged up, and 125 feet of fiberglass laid. Not quite finished but the last parts are such that I'd rather accept a lack of insulation so I can easily get at the ugly wiring underneath, when it's time to get busy with that.

House guests arriving in a few hours so time for a quick shower.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Someone seriously needs to get Tango his own Home Improvement Show.

Cloudwalker likes this.
  5. RabbiKnife

Home demolition show maybe.....

6. TrustGzus

If I recall correctly, he’s tall and British. He’s do great on American television. Property brothers are 6’5” and not British.

7. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

If having my own show means I get to decide the work that needs doing while someone else picks up the tab, and pays me for saying my bit, sign me up.

Round here it can be hard to get a good tradesman to do work unless you're willing to wait. So for jobs I can't do myself or really don't want to do myself, I'll wait. Since I can't just vacate the house to get everything done at once it would take forever to pull down the walls in a room, then wait for the electrician to wire it all, then wait for the plumber to update the radiators, then wait for the insulation guy, then wait for the drywall guy, then wait for the decorator guy, and then repeat room by room. Not that it's particularly quick with me plodding through at my own rate and learning as I go, but at least I'm in control of it and don't have to juggle my calendar around when a tradesman says he can show up.

8. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Good news this morning.

Long story short, been diagnosed with prostate cancer, the aggressive kind, Gleason score 9. Next step was a full body scan (organs and bones) from tip to toe checking for spreading and other sorts of cancer. The result: totally clean, what a relief.

Next is the treatment of the prostate cancer, not funny, 25 radiation sessions and hormone injections.

So in case I suddenly start to giggle you know the reason :rolleyes:

9. RabbiKnife

Good news bad news indeed

Prayers indeed

ProDeo likes this.
  10. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Aye, will be praying.

If it's been suggested, I'd recommend taking up any offers to speak with a counsellor or therapist. The reason being that my own cancer was gone almost as soon as it was caught (although it had been growing for ~2 years), but there were ~14 years of follow-ups, and if it ever comes back, I'll never feel as if it wasn't just yesterday that I was declared in remission, and then 'cured'. I was also young so probably it affected me more than it would someone else, but it also probably wasn't a good thing that I (1) didn't really have anyone to talk to, and (2) internalised everything to deal with it on my own.

...Mine was also a pyrrhic victory. I'll be praying for more for you.

ProDeo likes this.
  11. TrustGzus

I’m confused, but I’ll pray!

ProDeo likes this.
  12. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Praying

ProDeo likes this.
  13. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

This will be in my thoughts and prayers, ProDeo.

ProDeo likes this.
  14. ProDeo

Sure, age matters, quite some difference if that happens in the middle of puberty when sexuality evolves and imagine that is a very confusing experience, however at my age it's not really a big deal :rolleyes:

The urologist more or less guranteed me the treatment will be a cure.

Thank you (all) for prayers!

15. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

As some say, you may die with prostate cancer, but not because of prostate cancer. Hope the treatment goes well. Are you getting the pellets?

16. RabbiKnife

Good friend of mine did the pellets and did and is doing great.

He says the bonus is that he didn't have to have a night light to go pee in the middle of the night!

17. teddyv

My father in law had the pellets and they were successful. Fairly non-invasive. He was just not allowed to have the grandchildren sit on his lap for the duration.

18. ProDeo

That's only true for people with a low (6-7) Gleason score, the vast majority. I have 9 and I asked (as part of checking my options) what if I do nothing. The answer, quite some risk the cancer will spread and if it settles in your bones that would cause a very painful death.

Can't find a Dutch word for pellets but from the description I suppose that's the hormone injection I have to take each 3 months so the answer is probably yes.

19. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Oh, you're going to love those 12 week injections. I'd consider transitioning just for the pills.

20. teddyv

I don't know exactly what they look like but I guess they would be small round hard pellets with the radioactive material that are then surgically arranged in a 'constellation' around the prostate. Creates a more targeted treatment.