Whatcha doin????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Getting ready to get hotter.

Keck's going there to eat barbecue and shop at Walmart with his SIG strapped on...

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Thick particlates - bad

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

We've got thin smoke rolling in again. Smells like a really big campfire. There are some really big blazes south and southwest of us, but prevailing winds are westerly.
    I noticed the valley that I access to my mineral property is also currently on fire. Opposite side of the property, but the logging road will no doubt be closed. Hopefully everything settles down by early September.

4. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Got some more of my ceiling pulled down. I've got most of it down now, and once again I stopped because of swating so profusely it was hard to work any more. There's a couple of small patches left. One of them is going to cause me problems because the dust in the corner gets into the wall cavity and ends up in my study. My laptop doesn't play nicely with fine plaster dust, so I need to figure out how to keep it out.

5. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Large gap foam insulation at the top of the wall?

6. tango

Probably going to dig out a load of fiberglass scraps and stuff them into the space. The gaps are about 2-3" deep and 13-25" wide. In an ideal world the wall studs would be at nice even 16" spacings but nothing else in this house is normal so there's no need to expect the wall studs to be any different....

7. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Especially nice for making bread. You can let the machine do the kneeding. I burned out one (cheap) machine witha batch. When I replaced it I spent the money for a top of the line model. Worth every penny.

8. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I didn't realize a standing mixer also did the kneading. The cinnamon rolls were excellent as always, just time consuming.

9. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

You definitely want the higher power motors for that though.

Scooby_Snax likes this.
  10. RabbiKnife

Yep, and it shakes the countertop to death!

Scooby_Snax likes this.
  11. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

It's good to hear about all these household adventures. But especially Tango's

12. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Just got back from a (good) visit with a guy I've known for 15 years, but have never met.

13. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Sounds super interesting! You mean first face to face visit I presume.

14. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

It is pouring rain. Roof IS leaking. Gads...

15. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Indeed! We met online when we were both in high school, and have only just now come into a set of circumstances that made meeting possible. A forum friendship, if you will.

Scooby_Snax likes this.
  16. tango

Come and help if you like. You can see the chaos first hand :)

17. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Them there big mixers is great for slow-stirring thin-set mortar.:D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Scooby_Snax likes this.
  18. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I wonder if unconsciously your home renovations have motivated me to watch HGTV flip shows.

19. tango

I have seriously thought about becoming a house flipper when this project is done. It's so much easier when you're not living in the place. I'm not sure it's what I want to do though, having had a bit of a scare before discovering there is no asbestos in my walls. I don't want to buy a house to flip only to find it's riddled with asbestos.

20. RabbiKnife

It's called "due diligence."

:)