Whatcha doin????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Logging in after a bit of time. It appears this is the only active thread these days. I have no idea where the other Forum is at this time.

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

https://bibleforums.us/index.php
    Good to see you, Scoob

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

"DeSantis versus Newsom, Oh my!"
    Kay bye:p

4. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Fun With Shims. I've got almost every space that needs an insulation panel fitted with one (the only exception is an odd shape, made odder by the presence of a power socket), and today's job was finishing off shimming the wall studs. Lath and plaster can hide a multitude of sins where uneven studs are concerned but drywall is much less forgiving. So I've been using a four-foot spirit level to gauge as best I can how much to shim each stud to make it as even as possible. It's not helped by studs that twist and curve a bit but I think I've got it pinned down as well as I'm ever going to get it.

Now I can shift my focus to the other side of the room. Pulling down another small patch of lath and plaster ceiling will be fun, given there's nothing much to contain the debris. Oh joy....

IMINXTC likes this.
  5. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Health issues persist, particularly shortness of breath.
    Might or might not be residual covid symptom. Might point to the heart.
    Working on it.

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Slowly getting there.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  7. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Bro, you really shouldn't say that with an "EXIT" sign over your shoulder, you know???

IMINXTC likes this.
  8. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Nowhere to go but "up."

9. RabbiKnife

If you see the bus, tell the driver to run by North Georgia on the way….

Maranatha has become one of my favorite words…

IMINXTC likes this.
  10. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I recently had an eye doctors appointment. I'm getting bifocals for the first time. Up till now all I used were over the counter reading glasses

11. tango

A few days break from just about everything because of some kind of virus. I kept walking rather than running but my walking was a full minute or more per mile slower than normal.

Today was the first time I went for a run in a week. Still not fully back on form but close enough to take a gentle run. Maybe tomorrow I can get back to finishing off the breaking of the ceiling.

12. RabbiKnife

What is this, the old man's ailments forum?

Geez.

I'm recovering from a strained lower back from trying to do stump removal and forgetting that I'm not 38 any longer. Well, actually, I'm still 38, just plus almost 21 years...

Medicated patches and back brace...

13. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

It's a tough realization to grapple (no pun) with.
    I take on tasks that I shouldn't. And I'm only 69.
    Tango has the right idea for maintaining.

14. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

I saw Goldeneye in the theatre on Monday.
    Today, Top Gun Maverick.

I have a filling that fell out and a hole in my tooth (and fell out who knows when), but it's not an emergency, so I get to wait a month before I'm seen, during which it will turn into an emergency. I can't switch dentists or go private, as everyone is ~2 years behind. When you can't even throw money at the issue :shrug:

The other side of the family will find out what's going on with me in a couple of weeks. That's going to be quite uncomfortable.

Time to go for a bike ride on a bike that is now a little teeny tiny too big :S

15. tango

I've said for a while now that I'm 35 (plus taxes and shipping).

16. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I decided a while ago that I'm going to keep 39 until I get it right. Currently I am 39 with 30 years experience.

17. tango

Got another run in this morning. The humidity means I'm not setting any speed records, in these conditions I'm pleased if I can get the whole way around without taking at least one walk break, but hopefully keeping a baseline level of activity will mean I can push a bit harder when it's cooler and less humid.

I never thought I'd be setting personal records in December of all months, but that's how things have been going.

18. tango

Instead of breaking the ceiling I decided to break a wall. Specifically I removed a wall stud that's very close to the outside wall, which means I can put an insulation panel in the space against the outside wall.

What I want to do is take all the wall studs down and turn them 90 degrees. Whoever put them in, probably back in the 1930s, set them so they create a 2" wall cavity rather than a 4" wall cavity. Which is great, in that it saves a couple of inches of floor space. When you're trying to fit an electrical back box in the space it's a lot less great. I just need to decide whether I'd rather take everything out and rotate it, or buy a load of extra wood and turn them from 4x2 studs into 4x4 studs. With the price of lumber I'm inclined to turn them. This could be an interesting project.

19. RabbiKnife

I heard today that Geraldo has a new gig with the FBI opening empty safes...

20. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Enjoying some downtime camping this week.