Whatcha doin????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

They never arrived. They charged my card and that’s it. So I don’t have the t-shirts. On order for years.

2. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I've got some really good T-shirts. I just need your credit card number and I'll ship you some.

pi-in-face

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Sweet, but I'll need your bank details first.

4. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

No konking out without permission. And you have to get permission from ALL the Admins, in writing, and in triplicate. pi-in-face

ProDeo and IMINXTC like this.
  5. teddyv

And hand-deliver them.

ProDeo, IMINXTC and Cloudwalker like this.
  6. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Nice touch. I would add "to each Administrator individually.

7. teddyv

Quiet day around here.

8. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Pretty cold but snow appears to be largely a no-show so fo this season.
    Knee-deep this time last year.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  9. teddyv

Yeah, same thing up this way. Farmers want the snow down to protect the moisture, and I don't wanr my perennials killed again.

IMINXTC likes this.
  10. tango

Bit of fun and games with insulation. I managed to get into a rather uncomfortably small space with a bag of cellulose from the attic, so I could feed it into a 2" wide gap between the wall and where I cut the floorboards off. The cellulose then ended up between the inner plaster wall and the concrete block in the dining room, and within about five minutes it showed a very different color on a thermal image. The next section across required floorboards to be cut in ways I couldn't do with the tools I'd taken up with me. Maybe tomorrow I'll try again with my sabre saw.

I also found a couple of new drafts in areas I had yet to explore in my primary work area. One of them is almost impossible to get at from any angle so I can see that being a job for spray foam. I got a couple of other gaps filled, which was good. Over the course of the afternoon the temperature in there rose from 46 to 51 degrees but I figured out it's because the sun hits the concrete blocks and warms them up rather than anything clever I'm doing. Still, it potentially means I don't need to buy another heater.

Speaking of heating, my plumber stopped by to give me a couple of pointers on my temporary idea. What I want to do is cap off the radiator pipes where the radiator weighs more than I do, reinstall the other (lighter) radiators, and refill the heating loop. I'll need to take the radiators off again in the future but for now it means I don't have to worry about how cold everything is getting. Of course it's not that simple - I need to partly dismantle the connectors between the pipe and the radiator. Hopefully nothing goes horribly wrong along the way.

11. TrustGzus

Fun with insulation? My mind shut down after that. Didn’t compute.

12. tango

It really is a lot of fun working in a confined space with dusty insulation, trying to get it out of a garbage sack and into a space about 2" deep and 12" wide.

The next bit, which promises to be even more fun, is trying to cut the last couple of inches off two floorboards so I can get some more into a space that's about half that width. And then I get to lift some more boards in the attic to load more into a bunch more spaces that are similarly sized. At least there I'm not working in such a confined space.

13. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Whole lot of shakin' going on 'round here, boss.

Woke up around 4:20 this morning with a 4.4 earthquake.

Someone let Jude and John 777 know real quick... they will need to adjust their calendars.

TrustGzus likes this.
  14. teddyv

That must be pretty rare out your way.

15. RabbiKnife

Rarer than hen's teeth. Looks like epicenter was about 36 klicks SW of Knoxville, so for us to feel it down here was pretty interesting.

Plantation shutters rattling woke me up, and then you would feel the sine wave go through.

16. teddyv

Interesting. I looked of a geological map, and there are certainly some faults. It's too far from New Madrid fault, but might be something similar.

17. TrustGzus

I’m nominating this for post of the year.

tango likes this.
  18. tango

Are those two still banging on about every little thing being a marker of the end?

19. RabbiKnife

Why would you assume anything differently? Your cynicism is, I am certain, yet another marker of impending doom. You should be reported to the conspiracy denial police immediately.

20. teddyv

Yes. But the latter has been put on ignore by almost everyone.