Whatcha doin????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Aug 16, 2018.

1. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    IMINXTC likes this.
  2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Beautiful.

tango likes this.
  3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Well done.

tango likes this.
  4. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

71* F today. No way!
    Short sleeves, finally.

5. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

And 28* F here last night!

6. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Everybody Corona free, already vaccinated?

7. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Got my vaccine. Hoping you all are well.

8. tango

Not in any rush to take it. I'm convinced I've already had the virus and I'm not sure why I'd want to take a vaccine that offers minimal benefit to me and apparently offers no benefit to society either. If people who have had the vaccine are still expected to follow all the same mitigation protocols as the unvaccinated, and the virus has a 0.02% chance of killing me, it's hard to see any benefit in me having it.

9. tango

Aside from vaccines, it's been a mostly idle day. We've got some get-togethers with friends this weekend which should be good. I just hope the weather is at least reasonable. The forecast is that we may get some rain but whether "some rain" is some sprinkles overnight or monsoons all day remains to be seen.

10. teddyv

Still waiting for vaccines up here.

11. RabbiKnife

Move 9 tons or soil/sand mix in mother in laws yard.

I think I’ll just die now.

12. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

New job. Working with transitioning veterans, some coming out of homelessness, many wrestling substance.
    Full time.

ProDeo likes this.
  13. teddyv

Just had this snow squall come ripping through.

14. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Good to know. And yes I am fine. I think somewhere in this month I will get my first.

IMINXTC likes this.
  15. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Got both shots several months ago. Biggest event for me is that I have an appointment with LifeLine Screening this afternoon.

16. tango

Spent the weekend in a cabin in the mountains with friends from church. Lots of food, good fellowship and conversation.

17. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Sounds like fun. Thursday is going to be busy for me. Go for blood tests in the morning. Go directly to have chest xrays and an appointment with my massage therapist in the afternoon.

18. teddyv

Sun is shining, but still -3°C. We should be up to 18°C by Friday. Maybe spring can get started then. My tulips are about 3-5" above the ground (at least those not chewed down by the deer.

19. RabbiKnife

Deer around my place are a scourge.

Homeowner association does not allow any hunting, and too many of these idiots in here "feed the deer" corn in the front yard because they are "pretty".

Game warden and independent doctoral level game management studies say we need to thin the herd by approximately 60 percent, as the herd is very thin, over produces little/small deer, and they have grazed ALL of the underbrush from thousands of acres here in the mountains.

HOA members won't approve a game management controlled kill, and the HOA management to too afraid to take action independently.

Very sad.

As a result, these little deer eat everything, including things that are supposedly "deer resistant," including azaleas, rhodedendron, even jonquils, daffodils, and helibores.

20. teddyv

Sounds like you need some wolves and cougars.
    Fortunately most people here are not feeding the deer. We just happen to live in the wintering grounds for both moose and deer. They are pretty scarce come late spring and summer.