Israel UAE peace treaty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenris, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

This topic could have fit in other parts of the board, but I'll put it here for simplicity's sake. We're seeing a paradigm shift here. It isn't just that Israel is signing a peace treaty with a couple of Arab states. It isn't that they're normalizing relations with Israel. It's far beyond that. Arab states are accepting the fact that Jews are part of the middle east community. That Jews are, in fact, their relatives. Hence the "Abraham accords", since both Jews and Arabs claim descent from Abraham. And I'm seeing it online also. Arab journalists and government employees are wishing Jews a "Happy New Year" as the holiday of Rosh Hashanah is this weekend. And more. An Arab journalist retweeted a rabbi singing and said "Beautiful job, cousin!" It gives me an amazing feeling of belonging that feels almost (dare I say it?) Messianic.

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Apples and honey, babbeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy, apples and honey! An early Happy Happy New Year to you!

Oh, and I forgot. ORANGE MAN BAD! ORANGE MAN BAD!

Now, what was that about an historic accord in which now two Arab nations, plus Kosovo, have agreed to acknowledge the right of an entire nation to breathe without demand for instant genocide? Obviously just fake news from the right.

Nahhhh, that can't be right. ORANGE MAN BAD!

Truly remarkable, the degree to which insanity has been normalized

3. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

Bless you. I'll try to put in a good word for you guys to have a blessed year as well! :D
    Yeah it's amazing. No kudos for Trump, so instead the media has to pretend this didn't happen/isn't significant or whatever.

4. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Queue the end-time folks expecting everything to blow up in 3-1/2 years ...
    I've long been following a page that's driven by young people who have made many concerted efforts to pursue peace with their neighbors. These are young people from Iran, Israel, and other surrounding nations.
    I'm glad they're winning. Pointless wars suck.

5. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

6. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

The Bee does satire, but this article isn't. CNN actually complained about the lack of social distancing for "an event at the White House" without even telling us what the event was. Because it would mean admitting that president Trump accomplished something amazing.

7. tango

Well, yes, obviously. Orange man bad, doncha know? If the orange man did it then it can't be good. Who needs peace in the Middle East anyway? Couldn't it have waited until Kamala Harris could take the credit for it?

8. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

The word 'suck' was banned at the Christian school my wife taught at for 1st through 6th grade because of its association with oral sex. Just wanted to let you all know to have communication not corrupt coming from your mouths.

9. tango

That's unfortunate because the word also has perfectly innoent usages. Like the way a vacuum cleaner sucks dust off the rug, the way a child sucks a piece of candy and so on. I guess if the word was only banned until the 6th grade it's considered OK for 13-year-olds to use a word associated with oral sex?

10. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

The way petty antagonists can suck the oxygen out of meaningful discourse.

11. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I see what you did there...

12. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

And with that I'm going to close this thread. Hopefully the adults at this particular Christian school learn a thing or two about projection and work on tidying up their corrupted minds.

13. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

If this thread is supposed to be closed, bro, then you suck at closing things...

:)

14. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

That's what she said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.