Free-Form Musings...I'll go first.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMINXTC, May 15, 2017.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

You will need two bottles of bleach and a steel scrub brush. Remove the top of your cranium, pour in the bleach, and scrub vigorously with the brush.

In the alternative, I would suggest: (On of my all time favorites)

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Yes.

3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Vaping appears to be gaining popularity among machine operators, including heavy mobile equipment drivers.
    You can see them duck their heads in a cloud of exhailed steam.
    The future is here, with gleeming, sophisticated new ways to kill oneself.
    Heartening.

Cloudwalker likes this.
  4. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I'm surprised they can even see out of the cab.

IMINXTC likes this.
  5. RabbiKnife

If I have to die of something gleeming an sophisticated, I'll stick with cheeseburgers.

Cloudwalker and IMINXTC like this.
  6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

All you can eat. Just don't get "tired."[​IMG]

7. teddyv

Roadkill Cafe... you kill'em, we grill'em.

IMINXTC likes this.
  8. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

9. RabbiKnife

Outstanding!

IMINXTC likes this.
  10. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Lawyers​

With the downfall of a company I worked for in the 80's and 90's juridical issues became a topic. Naturally I didn't want to go down with them and I asked for a change in our contract as the earnings no longer justified his exclusive right on my work. And they didn't want it. Understandable from their point of view, I with 2 other programmers were the base of his company. A conflict was inevitable. And so we (me and my right-hand) went to look for advice and picked the nearest lawyer just a couple of km after the German border. German law is different than Dutch law and my contract was under German law. And then at a certain moment this lawyer suggested the following:

It would be nice to remember them on a letter you have sent them in the past, create such a
    letter, date it 2 years back and the problem is solved.​

We were speechless, finished our talks with this corrupt lawyer, went home to never return. We then (sic) drove again to Munich, consulted a top lawyer office (600 DM per hour back then), they sent one letter and a couple of days later things were solved. My first experience with lawyers, there are good and bad ones.

11. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Lawyers (2)
    I have seen courtrooms inside about 5-6 times during the 90's because business conflicts. While the results were not bad at all I noticed 2 things, these are stressful periods and costly as well, when I saw that I on yearly base spend 15,000 euro it was time for a policy change instead of making lawyers rich. And so, before making new attractive deals, do better research and rely more on my instincts during the eye-to-eye talks if they were trustworthy. Result: less projects --> less income --> no more stress --> no more lawyer costs. Happy ending. No more courts visitings.

As for the punchline, I would gladly make an exception for 2 lawyers I once hired and sue them for their incompetence.

RK, what's your tariff per hour ?

Just kidding.

12. RabbiKnife

$375/ USD

My preference is in Vacambia gold cards...
    We share a commonality....

I have very little use from r the majority of lawyers

13. teddyv

Wow, that sounds downright reasonable.
    A wee bit more than my hourly rate but I don't have any overhead.

14. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Very moved. My sister and brother-in-law are planning to sell and to build a smaller unit on their son's property, up in the mountains - Mount Baldy.
    Included in the planning: A place for Bro Stephen, whenever he needs it.
    Such thoughtfulness. Blessed.

teddyv likes this.
  15. RabbiKnife

Blessed are the meek, indeed

IMINXTC likes this.
  16. teddyv

That is pretty neat.

IMINXTC likes this.
  17. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

18. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Dealing with layoff and other issues, I recently re-watched every possible manifestation of the "Stargate" series - a little redundant at times but always compelling. What intriques me is the fanciful extension of a revisionist history of the Giza site and certain religious myths and figures from ancient Egypt. All this based upon the the enigma of the Great Pyramid, a monolith actually void of any iconography or reference to any religion or anything, for that matter, yet puropsely designed and placed in precise mathematical and cosmological settings and built at a time when it could not have been built by any currently known human means.

"In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD." Is 19:9

Giza stands on what once was the border between upper and lower Egypt.

Having read virtually every detailed study and reference to the Great Pyramid over the years I remain convinced that this is the true wonder of the ancient world, and is yet to unveil significant mystery.

19. Hugo Clanton

Hugo Clanton Member

Who else here likes Yanny? I have a DVD of "Yanny Live at Acropolis" with DTS sound, I often watch it. It is so much refreshing and powerful.
    It's on YT too.

20. RabbiKnife

Hannibal was born inside the Great Pyramid.

IMINXTC likes this.