Bibleforums- The second coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenris, May 16, 2021.

1. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

It's being run by The Parson here- Our Bible Forums Christian Message Board - Index

He emailed me the following, for those interested-

From The Parson (BibleForums)

Here's a brotherly offer for you. I know that BibleForums has gone
    down for whatever reason. I also know that many of you loved being
    there. So I bought the domain https://bibleforums.us and have already
    loaded a forum software on it. It's a blank and clean slate if you
    want it to restart your Christian community. No strings attached...
    All you have to do is move in and claim it as your new home. I'll
    update to VBulletin software as the funds are available.

Please forgive me if this email is unwelcome. I don't know how many
    of you will receive this email as some of the addresses are quite
    old. I'm hoping some of you have the same address.

Your servant in Christ Jesus Folks,
    Tim (The Parson)

2. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

Are we staying here or there? What website is going to be where we put all of your effort into?
    I wish I knew the cost and how to do all of this. I could do a lot more than what I'm doing.

3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Frankly, this looks like a timely opportunity to build a comprehensive, witnessing and encouraging site while rooting out defeating policy and behavior forever.
    A chance.

KingFisher likes this.
  4. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

The only way it works for me is if I'm defended and allowed to post without being censored for giving the truth. I've put up with too much nonsense in the past and left or been removed from so called Christian forums.
    You can interview me, ask me what I believe, etc. I believe the whole Bible but if people don't like what's in there, you can choose not to have me.
    I'm willing to reason, treat people with gentleness and respect and give the truth and let the chips fall where they may.
    But I'll give people what I think is the honest truth.

5. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Often your interpretations of scripture might not jive with others' and will need to be discussed or even debated.
    Very often, it's truth as we see it.

6. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

One Christian forum kicked me off because I defended Christmas on Christmas Eve.

One Christian forum kicked me off because I posted about the rapture.

I got threats from a message board in Maryland from bishops because I posted against Catholicism.

I got censored on another Christian forum for doing apologetics on Hell.

I got kicked off of Christian forums for doing evangelism.

One Christian forum spammed me with emails for speaking against an apologetics ministry whose owner doesn't believe in the trinity and the Christian community defended her.

I got threats from a member of the Boston Church of Christ (a cult) to physically hurt me for teaching his church was a cult.

I was banned from my favorite Christian message board for saying doctrine was necessary and they allowed heretics to post.

If you can't stand for the bible and what it says, I can take my Christian opportunities elsewhere. Most websites I've seen have people holding down the truth in unrighteousness.

I am a Christian first. If A Christian cannot stand by what God says then I don't think you have a Christian worldview.

7. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

I was one one 'Christian' website that posted 24 attacks on the trinity in one weekend. They are owned by Unitarians.

8. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

I set my notifications to zero so I won't have any more emails from this site.

Please delete my account. The community has spoken.

9. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Certainly you were not treated in such fashion here(?).

10. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

No Chuckz, I don't believe you'll be treated in such a fashion here either.

11. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Are these guys still active? I thought the whole thing collapsed around 2005 or so. I was briefly involved with them in the mid-90's.

12. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

When we can't then we don't have authority because self is on the throne and Jesus is not on the throne of our lives.
    When Jesus isn't welcome, neither am I. Goodbye.

13. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

The Boston Church of Christ is also known as the New York movement and there are other movements which take on the names of cities. Dead men keep evil and movements alive. They tried to get me. I was given the verses earlier by God to beat them and I'm the only one that made it out of their traps. Eastern Christian Outreach had 30 people with mental breakdowns or close to mental breakdowns one summer from people trying to following their discipleship one year.

I have studied, I have files from the different counter cult ministries on them and I have dealt with them. I am an overcomer.
    Please delete my account. I am done with this website.

14. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

I'd love to know what you are talking about. On this forum, we seek only truth, and believe in the free exchange of ideas. Sometimes, that means people say they think your ideas are unfounded, speculative, or even stupid. But i don't see anywhere where you have been attacked.

15. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

No, neither do I. You're welcome to stay Chuckz.

16. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

Never said I was attacked.
    Please delete my account.

17. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

We won't delete accounts to prevent impersonation. You are free to just not log in.

18. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

Well then I will just report the email as spam because your website will be violating the can spam act and email providers that forward emails around the world and country start blocking your email from your website so that nothing gets through. I was taught this by the staff of one of my email providers.

Its lame that you think I want to come back.

19. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I am very confused. What email was sent to you?

20. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Given how many times you could have just clicked the X and not come back it's curious just how many times you have come back.