What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilslayer365, Apr 3, 2016.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, recently, the local media reported that a girl at a middle school in the city I live in committed suicide because she was tired of being bullied. I really hate bullies. I remember being picked on as a kid by bullies until I kicked one in his testicles, hard, and he got the hint that I was done being pushed around. Anyway, one of the bullies recently made comments that he's not sorry the girl killed herself and he was glad she was dead. When I heard that I thought, "I hope something really horrible comes your way, you little puke." I didn't hope he would die or anything. Just that something horrible would happen to him. Not sure what, really. Anyway, on the one hand I do know that what I wished for was not right, and I guess I do feel somewhat convicted about it, but I also don't quite feel totally bad for wishing what I did, either. What is the proper "Christian" thing for me to do at this point?

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Pray that the Holy Spirit would use whatever means necessary to reach this person and to draw him or her into a relationship with Jesus, and that the Holy Spirit also move to protect those around him or her while in the process.

3. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Pro 25:21-22 NKJV If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; (22) For so you will heap coals of fire on his head, And the LORD will reward you.

Sometimes easier said than done, but so is most of the Christian walk.

4. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Does the fact that I wished something "horrible" would happen to this snotty kid, and that I don't feel totally bad about wishing something horrible would happen, mean I'm an awful person?

5. RabbiKnife

No, but it means you need to ask God to help you learn to see people as He sees them.

6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Ok, fair point. What about me wishing that "whatever it takes" also causes the bully to feel remorse for his cruel attitude about the girl killing herself and he even publicly acknowledges he was in the wrong?

7. RabbiKnife

I think you ask God to move in the life of the bully, the person that God loves just as much as He loves you, and you ask God to do whatever God needs to do to make the bully your brother.

I think you're OK with that prayer.

8. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Sure, it's fine. I'm also ok with the bully realizing how cruel and hurtful his words and actions were to the family of the girl that he picked on to the point of her killing herself and then telling everybody he was glad she was dead. I don't know about you but I think remorse is a good thing. I get that the girl is, ultimately, responsible for making the decision to end her life, but, the bully definitely did everything in his power to ensure that decision was easier for her to make.