Prayer for grandbaby

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by Dani, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

The littles spent a lot of time outside yesterday in the pool and heat, and our granddaughter (who is 2) is very sluggish and dragging around today, sleeping a lot, etc., which is very unlike her normal "hi world, I'm up let's play" behavior. We had a bit of a freakout over it this morning, although she's been drinking and eating and interacting some, but can't be bothered to move off the couch/bed without rubbing her eyes and wanting to lie/sit down. Daughter is on standby to take her to the doc if she still doesn't perk up after a good nap. I think she's just plumb wore out and probably a little dehydrated, and her momma's been sick so she may be coming down with something herself --- but jury's still out, and she's only 2 so it's always better to err on the side of caution when they're that little.

Prayers appreciated, because that's my grandbaby and the heart of my heart. Thank you.

2. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I bet your right, Dani. Probably wore out. But I think you're also right in that it's not wrong to be cautious.

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Has she been peeing?
    Our daughter was dehydrated several years ago such that we took her to ER.

4. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

Dehydration is something to consider. Here in the old south, we call what you're describing as sun sickness. Will pray for that little one.

5. Dani

Thank you guys. She took a long nap and seems to be slowly getting back to her own self after lots of popsicles and Gatorade.

I'm wore out too after yesterday but when they're that little, you just never know.

Yes but it's more concentrated than normal. Dehydration is no joke, and with kids can go south very quickly. Good call.

6. teddyv

Yup, that would likely be mild dehydration. Our daughter had like uric crystals in her diaper. They would have kept her overnight at the hospital, but she managed to take some juice and was able to pee so they let us go home.

7. Dani

Well she's been drinking, eating a little, and has some diarrhea which is also a symptom of dehydration. But she's acting normally and keeping fluids in so IDK what the hospital is going to do for her honestly ...

8. teddyv

I wasn't suggesting you take her to the hospital. I was just being anecdotal. :)

9. Dani

Yes I understand that. :)

10. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Hospital would give her a bill for $3890.24

11. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Glad to hear things turned for the better.

12. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Will be praying but I would be willing to bet that it's being tired and possibly dehydrated by playing outside in the heat.

13. San

San Guest

Can understand very well. Praying for her to get well soon.

14. Asadullah

Asadullah Member

Don't be worried. She'll bew fine very soon. Praying for her!

15. Dani

Thank you all for praying and sharing concern. She is quite well and back to normal now.

16. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Good to hear.

17. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Thanks for the update Dani.