Personal

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by Dani, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

My husband was laid off in February and has been the hardest working man I know, looking for work. With many hopefuls but zero offers in the end.

Could use some prayer if y'all don't mind. It's been a very trying year for both of us and we're officially living off retirement savings (which at least we have, thankfully ... for a bit longer).

Also if you know of anyone needing an engineering/IT director or CTO, let me know ... he's portable, brilliant, and immensely capable.

Thanks.

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Yes, will be keeping this in watchful prayer.

3. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

I can keep my eyes open in the space. Do you still have my email?

4. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Don't expect I'll be much help in finding another opening in this part of the world but can keep you guys in prayer.

5. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Praying for you, Dani.

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Lucrative "California or Bust! 8)

Okay, never mind. :(

7. Dani

Not sure you ever shared your e-mail with me, but I'd really appreciate it. He can work wherever, really. As long as he comes home every so often, it's all good. :)

8. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Praying.

9. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

It's a shame. They're begging for said skill- sets in the Bay Area and even L,A,, but the cost of living is exorbitant and prohibitive, and that is only the beginning of sorrows.

Talked with an IT Manager this morning being forced to LA to fill a position while maintaining his place in S.F. firm. Says they're desperate

10. Dani

That's a big reason why we're not giving up our home here in Florida. Because while the salaries elsewhere are a lot better, the cost of living is ridiculous. Last job he took in Houston, he maintained a small efficiency apartment. It was a high travel job anyway so he wasn't there much.

Not going to uproot myself and our youngest son to chase after a job that may or may not be there next year, since loyalty has gone the way of the dodo bird anyway. We have our family and friends and support system here which we've spent the last 20 years building, so ... nope. We'll visit. :)

11. Cloudwalker

It can work. I have a good friend who works in the film/tv industry and is on location filming a good deal of the time. She lives here and he goes off and lives where they are filming, coming back when he can.

12. Dani

Update: The only job lead that's crystallized itself for the time being is out of Chicago. A couple phone interviews went well and then Christmas/New Years put everything on radio silence for the time being which is a bit frustrating.

Also, my son-in-law is struggling with a painful medical condition that's affecting his nervous system and has kept him bedridden for about a month now. He's under the care of a doctor and they're still doing lab tests to figure out what's going on. Please pray for his recovery also. Thank you.

13. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Sorry to hear about the negative stuff going on in your life right now. Praying now...

14. Dani

Thank you. I tend to not ask for prayer unless it's a situation that I feel in need of backup with.

Funnily enough I'm more than willing to pray with and for anyone about anything, because evidently everyone has different coping mechanisms. I try to not bug people with the "small stuff" though.

On a more positive note, I'm back in school to finish up my AS degree in computers, and we're very on track with our family situation, having moved in our youngest goddaughter whose parents decided to abdicate their position, but who is adjusting well and has been wanting to live with us for some time now. All 4 of us are in school right now, me and the kids in pursuit of associate degrees or certifications, and hubby working on his master's degree. Gonna be a highly studious next 5 months, so call before you come over because we're probably doing homework or studying. Ha. 8)

15. Cloudwalker

Still praying a;m;e;n;

16. Dani

Chicago lead fell through. Draw back 10 and punt ... and ask and keep asking, specifically so.

17. TrustGzus

Hmmm. We'll keep praying.

18. Dani

Thank you. He's more than qualified for anything he applies for. Why are hiring managers so insecure? I'm encouraging him to start his own consulting business and mentor the next generation and impart his vast knowledge and experience to them. The man is a Mensa member, a mechanical and computer engineer, a Marine and capable leader with more knowledge and capability than you can shake a stick at, and with a work ethic and dedication that's off the charts. There's no reason for him to be out of work for 10-1/2 months, yet hundreds upon hundreds of job applications and submissions later, here we are. I've never seen anyone work so hard at trying to find a job. Never in my life.

God, what are You doing?

I don't even know. :eek:

19. TrustGzus

I'm thinking with what you're listing some businesses might see him as overqualified and they can't afford him.

In my company, one of the ladies I know has her Master's. She said that has made it difficult for her to get positions because she's considered overqualified.

I'm not sure, but maybe that's part of the problem. Anyway...prayer.

20. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

TG pretty much stated exactly what I thought reading that post too. The consultancy idea may not be a bad one. Even as simply getting a foot in the door to showcase your abilities.