Nervous system concerns

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by devilslayer365, Jan 8, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, I normally don't ask for prayer for myself, but I'm freaking out a little. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon. I've been having various issues with my nervous system. Looking at the symptoms, it could be something minor or it could be something more serious. Anyway, I'm not sure what people should pray. That it goes away? That it's just something minor and can be easily dealt with? If it's serious, and permanent, that I can learn to live with it? Anyway, any prayers would be appreciated...

2. Timothy

Timothy Administrator Staff Member

Alright Aaron. I'll pray for you. Be my pleasure.

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Not knowing what's up is always a trying time. I hope and pray that you'll get an answer - and good one at that.

4. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Thy will be done. Praying for you, Aaron.

5. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Can do.

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Okay! Prayers this evening for an encouraging appointment.

7. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Praying a;m;e;n;

8. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, I went to my doctor today. Things might not be "great," but they're not "horrible" at this point, either. He suspects, based on my symptoms, that I may have a disc(s) in my back pushing on a nerve(s). He's referring me to a neurologist for some testing to look into it further. Not great, but at least it's not something like multiple sclerosis.

9. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Thank you for keeping us updated, Aaron.

10. teddyv

Something like 80% of disc issues should resolve themselves with some rest, painkillers and possibly some physiotherapy. My wife has been dealing with disc issues for quite awhile now; according to her last CT scan, she has the back of a 65 year old - only about 20 years ahead of schedule.

11. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

That's a terrible situation to be in. My brother is in a similar situation (since he was 8 ), except he's 40 years ahead of schedule. The disks in his spine are also prone to fusing - he can't sit still for more than a few minutes without becoming terribly uncomfortable.

12. teddyv

It's been behaving better lately, but it will likely be a long term chronic issue. Fortunately some medications can be used long term and are quite effective in managing the nerve pain. It's pretty common problem in her family.

13. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

My brother was on Humira for the longest time, and then they switched him to a different drug meant for terminal(?) cancer patients. Seems to be working much better for him. You have to build up a resistance to it before taking a full dose, or else it will kill you. Fun stuff :S