How perfect does God expect us to be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilslayer365, Apr 2, 2016.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, if we are true Christians are we expected by God never to have doubts or be frustrated with God? I mean, let's be honest, sometimes God does things or allows things in our lives that are not very pleasant. And I'm not talking about punishment from Him for something we did. If we truly deserve divine punishment, so be it. I'm talking about unpleasant things in general that happen to us.

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Why would God expect us to be perfect when we are not?

3. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, what does God think of us when we get frustrated, or even angry, at Him for some reason?

4. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Why do you think God expects us to never have doubts or be frustrated with Him?

5. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Good morning RK, when you wrote that I am pretty sure Matt 5:48 didn't escape your attention. So you awake my curiosity.

48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

6. Gracie

Gracie Member

I don't think God expects us to be perfect. He sent His son to die on the cross for all our sins and He want's no one to perish. That's why we are forgiven for our sins when we repent, because He knows that we live in a sinful world. We are sinners saved by Grace and He loves us all a;m;e;n;

7. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Context, context, context ;)

8. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

"therefore" -- wherefore? Perfect, in what way?

"perfect" = Greek "teleios" = full grown, adult, of full age, mature, complete, not lacking anything

How do you mature into adulthood until you have achieved a level of it that God approves of?

Simple -- by practicing Matthew 5:44 -- "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous …"

By regarding each person as deserving of God's provision as He does. By not restricting your acts of righteousness and beneficial service to those you think are "worthy" and who have met your "qualifications" or "approval." Love is no respecter of persons, so let it be inclusive, rather than exclusive.

9. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

What they said.

^^^