How do I fix this?

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by devilslayer365, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Rather than resigning yourself to "she will likely eventually end up in hell" ... why not actually believe God to save her? Remember what all it took for you to finally come to Jesus. She's not any more "difficult" to save than you or me or anyone. We're all sinners before we come to Christ. We're all stubborn and rebellious and hard and confused and trapped and dead.

Why would your daughter be more of a challenge for God to save than, say, Paul? And remember, he was running around persecuting and killing Christians before Jesus set him straight. He thought he was doing God's work! Can you imagine anyone more supposedly "difficult to reach" than someone who is convinced they're already doing God's work? But even so, Jesus saved Paul. No problem.

Being stubborn sinners, and or even religiously deluded qualifies us for salvation; it doesn't preclude us from it. Nothing is too difficult for God, and (as the Bible already says) "His arm has not been shortened so that He cannot save". :)

2. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Maybe it's not your job to bring her to Christ.

Let me share a little personal history here. When I was a child I went to church with my mother. My father worked abroad, I was too young to be left home alone, so off to church I went. And I hated church. It was the place I had to go on a Sunday morning when I'd rather be riding my bike with my friends, or kicking a ball around, or doing, well, just about anything other than sitting in a cold old building listening to an old man waffle on about something I didn't understand. When my father was home it was a double bonus - firstly I got to see my dad and secondly I didn't have to go to church.

Roll forward to my teenage years and I'd convinced myself that church was the right thing to do. I think that had its roots in a teenager's summer camp that I went on that, looking back, was carefully managed to guide people to "make a commitment". Sadly having "made a commitment" there was no follow-up so I ended up dropped back into the same church I'd gone to as a child. The only real difference was that this time I was there voluntarily. I kinda sorta said the right things, did the right things, but didn't really understand much of it. One thing I did understand was that one of the girls in the choir was kinda cute.

Later on I became more and more disillusioned with the church, walked away from it completely, and ended up experimenting with various forms of the occult. I knew it would really hurt my mother if she knew so tried to keep it from her, but she wasn't stupid. She knew I had no interest in the church, she could see I was essentially hostile to the church (I don't know if she ever knew just how hostile), and she desperately wanted that to change. She periodically raised discussions that focused on spiritual things in one shape or form - even though it must have been clear to her that I wasn't interested in the Christian perspective on anything she still made it once in a while.

Roll forward another decade or so and some weird stuff started happening to me. I'll leave the full details out for the sake of brevity, but the short version is that God started calling more and more loudly and leading me to places in ways that I just wouldn't have expected to happen. One lunchtime at work I figured I needed to go to a church just to get away from my desk and think for a while, and I knew just the church to go to based on a newsletter about financial markets I had been reading (if that sounds weird, that barely scratches the surface). When I finally conceded that I needed God in my life the next step was to find a church, and luckily there was a church within a five minute walk of my house. I went there one Sunday, fully expecting to attend for a couple of weeks before trying a couple of other churches and choosing where to settle. I never made it any further than that church.

We walked past the church many times when going to and from town, and I later found out that every single time my parents came to visit and we walked past that church my mother prayed that it would have an impact on me. And from the perspective of the church, they (like many other churches) were looking to get more people through the doors and doing all sorts of outreach, and then my wife and I walked in one Sunday just because, not because of anything the church had specifically done. We left the church after nearly 7 years when we moved away from the area and we both still miss it.

If you're still awake I hope this gives you at least an example of how God can work in ways nobody would expect, least of all the person being worked on. There's no reason at all he can't call your daughter regardless of what anyone else is doing.

3. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

:l:;

After my conversion I heard a lot of people had prayed for me. My wife and I have made it a habit to pray for our children from child birth on, all 3 are Christians. My wife made it her task to pray for our unbelieving son in law, he is a Christian now.

I am somewhat puzzled that this is not always the case as I have seen in other Christian families who as far as I could tell invested prayer time for their children as well.

I don't know if there is a golden rule or not, just wanted to mention the 100% success rate to give Aaron some hope again.

It ain't over yet Aaron.