Happy Governmental Confiscation Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Happy Governmental Confiscation Day to all my U.S. friends.

2. RabbiKnife

And while I may gripe and complain about my taxes, I am so grateful that ...

1. I live in a country where I am free to obtain as much income as I can, legally.
    2. I live in a country where I am free to use the gifts and abilities that God has given me to steward as I see fit.
    3. I live in a country where, as complex as it is, I know in advance the tax policies and rates and can plan accordingly
    4. I live in a country where as opaque and twisted as our system is, it is still the most transparent and responsive to the citizens.

I also thank God that I paid more taxes this year than any other year in my life

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Spend some time in almost any country in Africa and and it gets really hard to complain about taxes.

I'm still incredulous that you guys can write-off mortgage interest.

4. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

That's one to remember ;.;.

5. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

If he paid more taxes this year than any other year that means he made more money than before. Makes sense to me.

6. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Sonic Drive-In helped us celebrate by having 1/2 off Cheeseburgers all day! :)

7. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

"Remember, thrifty thinkers always come in under budget!" THX1138 (1971)

[​IMG]

8. RabbiKnife

Outstanding!!!

One of the greatest sci-fi flicks of all time.

9. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

My favorite, for sure 8)

10. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Yeah. Tax time. Not a big fan. This year we had to pay the tax penalty for not having health insurance. I got a job later in 2015 that provides health insurance but I didn't have it long enough to avoid the penalty and my wife's job isn't required to offer health insurance. With all the bills we have we just don't have enough income to pay for insurance for her. Maybe when we get some bills paid down we can get her the most basic cheap coverage that will satisfy His Majesty's requirements for Obamacare. Speaking of Obamacare, I'm still not grasping how having a tax penalty looming over your head for not having health insurance supposedly made health insurance "more affordable." Can somebody explain to me how that is so?

11. RabbiKnife

It must be, because OurBenevolentGovernment(TM) hath so decreed.

You, sir, are obviously a lawbreaker who must be punished.

Hence the tax penalty for refusing to buy a product that you either cannot afford or wish not to have. Of course, if you'll just quit your job, you'll be entitled to a subsidy to pay for the health insurance.

Of course, you won't be able to eat, but you could get a SNAP card to take care of that.

Oh, and your kids could sign up for enough after GovernmentIndoctrinationInstitutions programs so that they could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner not at home for free.

Oh, and...

Nevermind.

12. Cloudwalker

However, even with the subsidy the payments for health insurance will still be out of your reach.

13. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

The latest government cancelled the income sharing provisions which kind of sucks. There is an increased family benefit package though.

14. Cloudwalker

Doesn't help when you are a family of 1

15. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

A simple, comprehensive and much needed reforming of the health industry, particularly the relationship between health providers/drug companies and insurance policy would have sufficed in lowering rates and making the entire realm more equitable.

Now we have this, yet another huge example of governmental oppression and incompetence.

Looking forward to Hillary 's move to repealing Obamacare entirely.

Yeah, right :( 8)

(I have yet to find a reasonable euphemism for "We're scr...d")

16. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Yeah, as Christians we're always admonished to honor and pray for our leaders. But, honestly, when you have idiots in office who come up with crap like Obamacare...it's really, really hard to do those things.