Will We Recognize Our Loved Ones In Heaven?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gracie, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Dude, my idea of heaven is getting away from *everyone*. You're not the only one ;)

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

I"m thinking somewhere between here and there all the baggage gets lost and is soon forgotten.

Whatever it was that made so-and-so distasteful to me will be misplaced and I, also, will be brand-new.

If you want to look for me (why?, I should wonder), I'll likely be in the playground area making a racket with the other youngsters or running all over the place, seeing as how I could not do so while here 8)

No more stink'n think'n, that's for sure.

No, "somebody done somebody wrong" songs :( :D

3. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I don't quite feel that way. I actually like more people than I dislike. I like, or at least feel neutral about, most people. There's very few people I dislike.

4. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

A friend of mine had his own idea of heaven, where God might gather together a bunch of guys, present them with a map that had lots of blank areas and say something like "I never got around to mapping this bit, wanna go take a look?"

I can easily imagine heaven as having millions of acres of open moorland, woodland, stunning vistas, valleys, streams and rivers and the like. When I think of how I practically fell to my knees in awe (literally) when I saw the view from the top of Bearfence Mountain in Virginia I can only imagine what heaven must be like.

Still lots of speculation, it may be I'll sit in a room and throw my crown at the appropriate moment. I guess we'll all find out sooner or later.

5. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

So, no remote sensing in the new creation? :D

6. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

I suspect I got the meaning ;D

7. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Golden Street house numbers: ... 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 667, 668, 669 ...

8. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Can't have 665 or 667, both known as "the neighbor of the beast"

9. Gracie

Gracie Member

Everyone thinks different and people have different beliefs, and no the Bible does not talk about it. I believe that we will look like ourselves, when we die our souls go to heaven and our defiled bodies go in the ground. But the Bible says that the dead in Christ shall rise,and that we will have new bodies. So yes I believe that we will know our loved ones,and yes we will all find out one day.