Why did some angels rebel?

Discussion in 'Controversial' started by devilslayer365, Oct 1, 2017.

1. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Here is a speculation I posted years ago at BF, key-word: curiosity.

An analogy about Gen 3:22

22 Then the LORD God said, Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil.

Once upon a time there was a kingdom in a far away galaxy. It's citizens lived peaceful, loved each other, never had arguments among each other, shared everything for the benefit of all. Each of them loved the king who was good for everybody, gave each citizen what they wanted and needed. There was no illness, no death, no hunger, no wars, the citizens even were not aware such things existed.

Then one day a (C)urious (C)ritical (V)oice (let's call him CCV) stood up in the midst of the gathered yearly assembly of the people and started to ask the king some questions.

CCV - Dear King, our lives are good, we are happy, you say you love us and we believe you do, but actually we have no idea what love means. We like to understand what love means, is there some kind of opposite force of love? We like to understand so we can appreciate your love for us, as it is now our experience is so limited.

King - My beloved CCV, you are right, there is an opposite force of everything but trust me, you don't want to know, it's horrible.

CCV - Horrible my king? What does that mean?

King - It means you will regret it once I allow you to experience it.

CCV - But my king, I never had regrets in my life, I don't even know what that word means. It seems to me you are withholding another world from us to experience, we want to know.

King - Sorry CCV, I will not allow you to hurt yourself.

CCV - But my king, you have no say over this, you proclaim democracy and participation but when push comes to shove you are just a dictator.

And the assembled people started to quarrel and CCV's view got more and more support.

King - My beloved people listen to me! Your curiosity will harm you seriously. You will experience the opposite of love (hate), the opposite of joy (sadness), you will experience the opposite of health and become sick and eventually you will experience the opposite of life and die. People will stand up to each other and there will be murdering and wars among you and ....

But CCV interrupted the king and started to incite the assembled people of the kingdom to rebellion chanting, "we want to experience" and to overthrow the king and eventually 1/3 of the citizens choose the side of CCV.

2. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Sure. I suppose that’s as plausible a theory as others...

3. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Indeed. But curiosity also was an important ingrediënt of the fall.