When will the end be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Sep 25, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Unfortunately for him, that’s NOT how reality works...

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Well, of course it works that way in San Francisco.
    The people at UC Berkley told him it did.

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I thought it was only a grievance he was filing, not a lawsuit. And I guess it would be useful to know the various clauses in the collective bargaining agreement.

4. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

He's still potentially better than about half of the available talent and that for starting q-back.
    The league is not oblgated to shoot itself in it's collective foot by embracing negative controversy.
    Curious to see how genuine the solidarity is or how long it lasts.

5. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Not sure what it is. Some articles make it sound like he’s just whining and filing a “grievance” and others make it sound like he’s actually suing for money. I hope he doesn’t get a dime. He is a free agent. He’s not signed to any team, nobody wants him, and nobody owes him anything.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Well, they can keep living in their delusionary safe space bubble if they’d like, but...

7. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

8. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

That is what I was thinking. There should not be consequences for doing what we believe is "right"-- And on the other hand, if we are doing what is right to begin with, eventually we will be justified (by God) .
    That doesn't mean we will not have burned those bridges that band the realms of earthly power..but that something in some way will justify in the end, without intervention. He has just intervened (by suing) into something that could be divine-- taking things into his own hands.

9. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

You have no idea how much I heard this album in my teens. (Frank Zappa was my nest door neighbors favorite musician, we eventually moved into their house!)

10. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

11. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

The thing is there may be consequences. When Rosa Parks did what was right she was breaking the law and faced the consequences. When the resistance in Nazi Germany did what was right by hiding Jews they paid a very high price if they were caught. At a more mundane level if we do what is right in the workplace by exposing corruption we may get fired for our trouble.

In an ideal world there would be no negative consequences but we have to be prepared to face the fact there may be, especially when our idea of what is right flies in the face of what the establishment considers to be right.

12. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Yes, yes I agree. I did not get that through in my post. Doing what is right does not mean one will not meet resistance.

13. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

And, doing what one thinks is right is not always doing that which is right.

Sincerely believing that that which one is doing is right sometimes simply makes one sincerely wrong.

14. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Oh yeah, that is also a possibility.

15. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Yes, it reminds me of the saying "Think how right intentioned the monkey is when he lifts a fish from the river to save it from its watery grave"