When do you think the end of days date will be?

Discussion in 'Eschatology' started by ChristianInspiration, May 31, 2017.

1. Everyone has stated many years from now, and others start to feel it's coming much sooner than we think, what do you think will be the end of days? Do you expect it in a few years, or many hundreds or thousands of years down the road past our time alive on this earth?

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Not any of my concern at all.

3. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

No idea. Why speculate? Christ was clear on the subject. Christians shouldn't obsesss over it.

4. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I don't worry about it. Don't plan on being here for it.

5. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

We won't ever know the day. The Bible bluntly states "no man will know the day and hour." I think God supernaturally prevents man from being able to figure out the date. Some people think the Bible, through various codes or whatever, reveals a date. They're deluded. I personally think it CAN'T be hundreds or thousands of years from now. There's too many ways mankind currently can wreak total destruction of the planet and the human race. We'll have destroyed ourselves WELL before that amount of time can elapse, and the Bible makes it clear God, not man, will wreak havoc on the Earth in His judgment, so, it's doubtful things can drag on as long as hundreds or thousands of years. I personally think we're talking maybe a decade. Tops. More likely within the next 5 years. Some people say they'd like to see Trump serve a full second term in office. I don't think he'll get the chance. I think the end will occur before the end of a second term.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  6. TrustGzus

I heard a pastor I like say "20 years tops". He said that about 40 years ago.

7. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Can't go beyond the year 1985... 1990... 2000...

8. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I personally think that when we finally get through the whole end we will be left standing, hitting the heal of our hand against our forehead saying "That's what it meant"

9. TrustGzus

88 reasons for 1988.
    89 reasons for 1989.

When the century / millennium turned, did that clock reset?

17 reasons for 2017.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

I've never found Eschatology to be interesting.

11. TrustGzus

I found it interesting back in the 80's when I got saved and the rapture was only about 6 months down the road per all my Hal Lindsey books.

12. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

It's interesting in the way there are so many various doctrines and interpretations come out of it. But, it not interesting enough personally to investigate or pursue any particular strand.

Cloudwalker likes this.
  13. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Exactly. And there are sooo many theories.

14. TrustGzus

Currently, I lean partial preterist. I'm reevaluating the millennium.

15. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Yeah, I find partial preterism the most sane option so far. I've read somewhere that the full preterism position was considered by contemporaries when Constantine declared the Roman Empire Christian.

16. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. However, you have to admit the world is getting worse and worse. There has to be a tipping point. Did your pastor 40 years ago have to contend with things like gay marriage, transgendered folks becoming mainstream, psychologists beginning to excuse and defend pedophilia, people beginning to question if sexual perversion like bestiality and incest are "really wrong," people devaluing human life to the point that they kill others over things like "being bored," etc.? Honestly, I claim no divine revelation in my personal opinion about how much longer until "the end." It's merely an opinion. maybe even partially wishful thinking on my part. This world angers, disgusts, and depresses me. I want the end here now, to be quite frank. I'm looking forward to not being so miserable.

17. TrustGzus

The pastor I'm referring to did not have to deal with those. But other civilizations like Canaan did. So this happening in the USA is no guarantee that Christ is coming again soon. Maybe. Maybe not.

18. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I feel ya. I agree. We really have no way of knowing when. We can watch biblical prophecy being fulfilled in world events and see that it's getting "closer"...but that still won't let us know exactly when.

19. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

I think there is a highly exploited delusion that end-time prophecies are being fulfilled.
    Not a one, in my reckoning, including the much-cited formation of Israel as a state.

TrustGzus likes this.
  20. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, you don't think the Bible has ANY end-time prophecies us Christians are to be on the watch for?