What's This?

Discussion in 'Distractions' started by IMINXTC, Mar 4, 2016.

1. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

First time I noticed the punctuation at the end of Psalms 7:4 - Took me aback for a minute.

If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me;
    (Yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)

2. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Maybe looking at different translations will resolve your conflict.

3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

No conflict actually. But it stood out in my Bible in an unusual way - much cool 8)

4. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

5. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

When I looked at the different translations I started wondering why they were not agreeing. (The use of the word plunder in some and deliver in others) using the same root word "chalats" that was used in two different ways according to translation.

It is perhaps only by the Holy Spirit the ability to refuse to do someone harm who has tried to do harm without cause themselves, and are, in current practice of this harm seeking.
    (Like Saul was toward David)

When given ample open opportunity to (plunder) Saul, as would be eye for an eye appropriate, he instead (delivered )him from any harm.

God knew Saul would have killed David if given opportunity and not been merciful, as he was-- David's reasoning was that Saul was God's anointed.
    (Was it because he was the current reigning king...or another reason, like perhaps he cared for him)

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

7. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I sometimes have problems with memory.
    I have to take what I learn or remember today and hope to use it.
    I don't understand God's ways much of the time.
    I do believe that just wondering what you were thinking about lead me in a really positive direction...thanks to your wonder and awe regarding one passage.

8. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

All because he noticed a smiley face at the end of the verse. A colon and a closed parenthesis. :)

9. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Which also seemed to coincide with thoughts and prayers on a particular, long-fought spiritual battle - not necessarily a revelation, but certainly a confirmation of the decision to do what is right 8)