Watcha doin???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liquid Tension, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

17:08, an enourmous bang and lightning flash, 50 meters where we live a house on fire, folks have no roof any longer.

Attached Files:

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Wow!

We'll send Dani right over to clean up...

3. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

I don't clean up fires. Sorry. And, I only put out the virtual kind. 0:0

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Perhaps a FireFighter is what's needed. Preferably one that doesn't fall off roofs. ;.;.

5. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I am wondering why my neighbor is firing a high caliber pistol right next door to my house when there are many other houses in the vicinity at 9:50 P.M. ???

This, my friends, is freaking me out.

6. Dani

That would freak me out too!

7. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

That would have me on the phone dialing 911 very fast. That's dangerous as well as illegal. We had a kid hit by a bullet shot into the air around here.

8. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

This happened one other time, and I did call the County Sheriff. They said they were within the law because we live outside of city limits..in a rural area...but common sense says this particular neighborhood is not so rural anymore....

Our houses are no more than 20 to 30 yards apart, so it was really loud. :p

9. Cloudwalker

I have to wonder what would have happened if someone, particularly a child, was hit by one of those bullets.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

Some people should NEVER have guns.

11. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Apparently, I can't sleep. Just finished a cup of tea with camille (sp?). Hopefully that'll do the trick.

12. Dani

Chamomile. And yea that stuff works great! I love me some Chamomile tea!

13. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Is Chamomile a fish or a lizard?

14. Cloudwalker

I don't like tea so I am afraid that drinking Chamomile tea would do more to wake me up because of the taste than it would help put me to sleep. To bad, too since there have been a few nights lately that I had some trouble sleeping. A bit odd for me as I rarely have trouble going to, or getting back to sleep.

15. Dani

Chamomile is an herb, not a tea, actually.

So as long as you stick with the herbal "tea", which is not technically a tea as it's not derived from the plants that make actual tea leaves (Camellia sinensis) which if used for tea contain caffeine, you'll be just fine.

Chamomile in and of itself contains no caffeine and actually has calming, soothing properties.

So basically, make sure it says a) herbal tea and b) contains only Chamomile.

You can always use Lavender or Valerian by way of infusion or pill or tincture if you're having trouble sleeping and Chamomile isn't your thing. I personally use lavender essential oil in a solution of olive oil to massage into my footsies to help me chillax and catch some Zzzzzs. And lavender spray on my pillow.

16. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Yep. Had a cup, and fell asleep about half an hour later. Managed to get around 4 hrs. of sleep.

17. פNIʞƎƎS

Just got back from a cafe run. Needed something to energize me.

18. Cloudwalker

Thanks, I will check that out at Publix next time I'm there. Last time I tried anything like that (it wasn't chamomile, don't remember what it was) it tasted only like hot water. Staying away from pills of any kind since I have been having trouble with them sticking in my throat lately. I have heard the terms infusion and tincture but not entirely sure what they mean, especially in the practical matters of things. Buy the way, caffeine doesn't bother me, never has. I can drink Mt. Dew (which has more caffeine than coffee) and go right to sleep. Don't often have trouble sleeping but on a rare occasion I have woken up in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep (the brain has started up and won't shut off. If it is something I am writing I can jot it down and then be done with it but if it is other things that trick doesn't work). I have a couple sleeping pills in the bathroom but I don't like to use them late at night because they are geared for 8 hrs. and would leave me groggy (plus they are the size of horse pills, see the pill problem above). However, something like the chamomile may work in this case.

19. Dani

An infusion is basically what we consider a "tea". You steep some herbs in hot water for 30 minutes and then strain the herbs and drink the infusion.

Basically, tea is an infusion with leaves of a tea plant, and because of the properties of the tea leaves, a tea infusion only takes about 3-5 minutes, versus 20-30 like other herb infusions.

A tincture is a herb macerated in alcohol for about 6 weeks. Then you strain the herb and use the tincture by the dropperful. You've probably seen tinctures of iodine and such in the medical supply stores. Which you can actually make yourself from kelp by macerating (steeping/dissolving) in alcohol for a period of time. Same difference, except you can also take many herbal tinctures internally.

20. Lowbridge

Lowbridge Lev. 13:40. Clean head.

Getting ready to cut a Black Diamond watermelon from the backyard.