Watcha doin???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liquid Tension, Jun 5, 2014.

1. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Wow. that's incredible. I'm on day 6 with no meat. Been doing a Vegetarian Diet for about a week.

2. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Way to go LT

3. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Are you going Vegan? I'm always curious why people do it.

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.
  4. פNIʞƎƎS

Well, that was my initial plan, but because I had a few yogurts here at work I didn't want to throw away, and because I had some vegetables with cheese in it, I had to defer to vegetarian. Though I haven't had any eggs nor meats for a week.
    I did it just for myself. I wanted to see if there were any health benefits to it. To see how I felt, and if I could do it. Also I had just watched a documentary called "What The Health" that kind of motivated me to do it.

5. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Been watching this video, it's about the Lost Book of Abraham part of the LDS canon. In a nutshell, Joseph Smith (JS) gets his hands on an old Egyptian papyri and immediately recognizes the name of Abraham from the hieroglyphs. That's odd because at that time hardly anyone on Earth could decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs. But JS by the power of God (his words) starts to translate resulting in the book ending up mind blowing new theology. The papyri gets lost and so when the knowledge to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs increases the translation can't be checked.

1966, surprise, ±120 years after, parts of the papyri are found in some museum. Egyptologists eagerly start to translate and the name of Abraham is found nowhere. More, what the papyri describe are common Egyptian funerary coffin texts. Still the LDS church keeps the book in its canon.

6. פNIʞƎƎS

I had never heard that part of LDS history. I've only heard the account of Joseph Smith being in some kind of drunken stupor when the angel Maroni finds Joseph and gives him some golden tablets.

7. ProDeo

Of which one could question its weight considering the volume of text that came from it, hard to lift :rolleyes:

8. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

I suggest that do a bit of research into how to eat a healthy Vegan diet if you haven't already done so. It can have some great benefits depending on the individual but if not done right it can be dangerous and do more damage than good.

I like meat way too much to even contemplate going Vegan myself but I've known a few people that have went that way and love it.

9. פNIʞƎƎS

I really don't miss meat that much. But eggs. Those I miss. Well, missed. I gave in to my desire at dinner.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

Right now listening to some Bob Marley before I work on my drawings.

11. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Niet op zondag!

12. פNIʞƎƎS

no comprende

13. teddyv

Je comprende.

14. Mozzie

Mozzie New Member

I lost the link to here, but here i am as i found it, well for the last few weeks we have been smashed with storms, rain hail, wind, power cute, two burst water mains, then lost the net for a bit, other than that all is good,

15. פNIʞƎƎS

Where are you located Mozzie?

16. teddyv

Stupidly getting involved in another 'evo' thread 'over there'.
    Fortunately we're going out soon to a local lake with the kayaks.

TrustGzus likes this.
  17. ProDeo

haha...

18. ProDeo

si.

19. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Do the Kayaks have any kids? Sound Indian/Native American/Native Candian/Aboriginal/ First Persons (feather, not dot).

20. teddyv

Haha. Bad grammar there...
    Anyway. A beautiful spot. Unfortunately one of our boys sliced open his foot pretty good on a rock so we could not spend a whole lot of time.