War with North Korea?

Discussion in 'Controversial' started by devilslayer365, Aug 11, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Active Member

So, is anybody convinced that the runt known as Kim Jong-un is really stupid enough to start war with the United States? I don't. He's just got "little man" syndrome and talks tough to try to show everybody how big he is. He knows if he takes us on militarily, especially with nukes, we'll turn his land into a glass-lined smoking crater. The liberals and lamestream media sure wants us to believe it's going to be nuclear Armageddon soon, though...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

The man is mentally unstable and there's no telling what he'll do. I honestly think this could go either way.

3. devilslayer365

I don't think he has the gonads. If I'm wrong, though he'll inflict damage to our nation he'll have caused his to be wiped off the map. One reason I doubt he'll do anything is because they are a Communist nation. Communists typically are atheists and don't believe in an afterlife. This is all there is. Despite lots of problems in life, there's also too many things they enjoy that they would miss out on in the here and now. Why do themselves in with nothing to look forward to after death? Iran, on the other hand...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  4. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Actually from what I understand most of them see Kim Jong-un as a kind of god and far as I know he believes it himself. Regardless the guys a nut and there's no telling what he'll do.

5. devilslayer365

When you say "god," do you mean somebody held in high esteem, like "Eddie Van Halen is such a rock guitar 'god!' He can shred like nobody's business?" Or do you mean "god," as in actual supernatural deity? Either way, I still say he doesn't have the guts. He already could have started something with us. He hasn't. And he won't...

6. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

From the reports I've heard it means they think his family heads have some kind of deity like status. So, a god or an exalted being or whatever. These people are starving to death just on his word that it's the way things should be. If he says go to war against America I think most of them will be all for it and ready to go.

7. devilslayer365

Meh. I still say the panicking by some Americans is all for naught. This little turd has been running his mouth ever since he got in power in 2011. Threatens to "destroy" us all the time. Still here. Still will be here for the foreseeable future.

8. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

The only people I see panicking are the talking heads on the liberal media. Are real people really panicking over this?

9. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

If they screw up South Korea I'm going to be very, very disappointed.

10. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

In a way, North Korea does act with a sort-of consistent rationality. NK is also a buffer state to China, so any conflict there will necessarily involve China as well. I don't see China particularly wanting to get mixed up too much in that, at least at this point.

11. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

The US and China are so far content with their proxy wars, so I also can't see them wanting to get into direct conflict over North Korea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

China should have fixed this long time ago instead of vetoing every measure against NK in the UN, it's their backyard.

13. devilslayer365

I read somewhere that China says if North Korea strikes at the United States first they are NOT getting involved.

14. devilslayer365

Apparently. I've seen lots of comments by people in various social media harping on Trump. It's his fault we're in this mess with North Korea. He's going to get us in a war. North Korea is going to nuke us. Etc.

15. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

I don't do the "social media" thing so I didn't know about that. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

16. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

3 B52s would finish this quickly with no loss of civilian life.

Not sure what we are waiting on.

17. devilslayer365

Yeah, no. I've never been one for pre-emptive strikes. I think we're playing it right. China has said if North Korea attacks us first they will leave North Korea twisting in the wind on their own. If we, however, pre-emptively strike North Korea first I'm guessing China WILL get involved. I don't know that it's wise to stir up THAT hornet's nest. North Korea is just shooting off their mouths. As usual. If they really have the ability to lob nukes at us and they really are suicidal enough to do it they would have already done it. I haven't heard of any American cities getting vaporized. I think that speaks volumes right there.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  18. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

Biggest mistake we'd make would be to underestimate his strategic capabilities, go in with useless bravado, then watch as they devastate our allies in the south.

19. MommaJenny

MommaJenny Member

Kim Jong Un is a hot mess who shouldn't be ignored, although I do agree that he is made up of more Napoleon Complex than anything else. My biggest problem with all of this is that for decades we argued to keep them from having nuclear capability and what do they have now? All of those diplomatic discussions and arguments really got us somewhere. I don't want to see war, but they cannot be allowed to keep building bigger toys for the sociopath to clap his hands at like a toddler playing with a tambourine monkey.

devilslayer365 likes this.
  20. devilslayer365

Well, we can thank the useless Clinton administration for giving North Korea money and a nuclear reactor to get their nuclear weapon program started. I'm sure Clinton meant well. After all, I'm sure North Korea claimed it would be used for "peaceful purposes," such as for nuclear energy production. Oh, that's right, though. North Korea is an ENEMY of South Korea and the United States. They have been since, well, at least the 1950's. Sorry, Willie. Bad move on your part...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017