Vacation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Jun 22, 2017.

1. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I met Diggin and her (now late) husband in Pigeon Forge TN. I met Roadwarrior and her husband in Baltimore MD. I met Moxie in Corbin KY. I think that's all I met in person (apologies if I missed anyone!)

I thought I was going to meet PP back in 2008 but it didn't work out. I'm not sure whether that was a good thing or not.

2. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

From my perspective.......... Oh, come to think of it, I'll keep my perspective to myself.

3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

I don't think they have cell phones in St. Lucia!

4. RabbiKnife

I met CinderHead a/k/a HumblePie a/k/a Firefighter in person and talked a gazillion times on the phone. They he disappeared on me.

I talked with V, Tom, Hisleast on the phone. One other, but I can't remember their screen name!

5. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Sometimes tactful silence is all that is required :)

6. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Has anyone kept up with Firefighter at all. I know he was on Facebook, but I'm not. Also, have not heard from Tom of a long while now.

7. The Parson

What's his user name and I'll try to find him Teddy!

8. teddyv

I don't know. I don't think I ever heard his actual name.

9. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

He disappeared on everybody. I talked on the phone with him quite a few times.

I talked to V on the phone regularly for several years. Man do I ever miss her.

Met Tom, Cloud and Seeking last year in person for lunch which was fun, and Tom ended up spending a day or so in our home which allowed us to work through some of our grief together and share memories and connect which was nice.

I've skyped with Mieke a few times and video chatted with MercyChild also. We keep in touch via FB mostly.

Don't know if y'all remember "Bandit" from BF but he actually lives locally, and we all met up with our respective families for lunch one day and ended up becoming friends. My daughter is actually the godmother of one of his daughters' kids ... funny how these things happen, eh? But they ended up moving away for a time and then moving back, and we're still loosely in touch albeit not nearly as much as we used to be.

I may meet TBR and Trusting later this year as their daughter just moved to our county and we've been messaging on FB about getting together when they come visit.

Lots of comings and goings. Thanks, interwebs and BF. :cool:

10. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Tom is doing well. We're connected on Facebook. I don't think anybody I know has heard from FF in some years ...

11. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

RK and I have chatted a number of times on the phone. One for some very practical legal advice, the other as a shoulder to cry on while I awaited a potential years long legal doomsday event. That was some pretty firetrucking bleak times.
    Chatted with Firefighter on the phone a few years back too. We're facebook friends. He appears to be doing well.
    Don't know if anyone remembers Clavicula Nox, but I still talk to him every day.
    Going in my WAY back machine (prior to smartphones), I used to have regular phone conversations with Scruffykid... but he fell off the other forums years before I did.
    Teddy, we still gotta jump on the horn.

12. RabbiKnife

Tell CinderHead to email me, please.

13. The Parson

Some how that name sticks out in what memory I have left!

14. teddyv

Yeah, Clav is someone I wondered about. Tell him hello from me. And yes HL we'll do it one of these days.

15. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Once I left Facebook, I lost touch with a lot of people.

16. פNIʞƎƎS

Glad you enjoyed Miami.
    Let me know next time your in town.

17. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

I've talked with FF too, but he dropped off the face of the planet around the time his forum did. Scruffy and I used to talk as well, but he also pulled a disappearing act.

18. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

It's a shame. Scruffy seemed like a good guy.

19. teddyv

Yeah, I do miss Scruff. Only PM'ed him a couple times. I certainly got the sense that what you read online was pretty much how was was in real life.

20. פNIʞƎƎS

I can't tell how many times Chris gave me some really great advice. And talking on the phone with him was awesome. That Southern accent.