Vacation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Jun 22, 2017.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Well, I'm finally getting around to taking an actual vacation for a week in July.

What's your favorite vacation spot?

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

So far for Scotland, Inverness or anywhere North / North-West of it.

3. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

Panama City Florida. Deep sea fishing.

4. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

One of my favourite spots would have to be the area around Pacific Rim National Park on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Much of that is based on good memories of family vacations there in the past. This summer, our family is heading up to the Yukon and parts of Alaska. I'll let you know how that is.

5. RabbiKnife

For my first "real vacation" in years (and I can take 4 weeks a year or more (blech on me), we are headed to St. Lucia for 4 nights.

Sand, surf, and golf in a 30 mph ocean breeze! Probably have to read the wind on putts.

6. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

My favorite place these days is camping out right on my own property. I leave behind everything but my phone for emergencies ( and it's turned off) go a couple of acres into my woods and get some peace and solitude for a couple of days.
    Someone would have to look really hard to find me.

Ya I know I'm weird, but if you knew what my life is like you would understand. o_O

7. The Parson

I take it you like "Cow Pasture Pool"!

8. The Parson

I have a little farm like that myself. For me to do that I'd have to spend a week using the bush hog, just to have a path back there.

9. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Where we live these days sometimes feels like a vacation. Coming from the busyness of the city it's a lot slower and access to the bush and lakes and trails is really easy.

10. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I've got my wife's family in Tennessee. So that's where I run away too. You could visit them. It might be weird though.

11. The Parson

Ah, Tennessee!!! My home and refuge. God's Country.

TrustGzus likes this.
  12. RabbiKnife

I have my hidey-hole for the Zombie Apocalypse 60 miles from where I speak, in the mountains, on the river, but going up there until I finish rehab is not exactly a vacation!

13. TrustGzus

It truly is. Wouldn't mind retiring there in 15 years or so.

14. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

I'm in the Northeast. You can make your way through most places pretty easily with nothing more than a machete.

15. RabbiKnife

Careful... The NSA will read "Northeast" to mean" DC-NY Corridor", and assume that you are a machete weilding right-wing conservative Christian terrorist nutjob threatening to make your way through the DC-NY Corridor with a machete...

:)

16. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Lions and tigers and spies...oh my!

17. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Depends on where you are and what you want to do. I would suggest the Orlando, Florida area. Lots to do and plenty of places to stay. However, July is in the middle of peek season so I would be sure to make reservations. Chances are if you come without them you may end up sleeping in your car. If you come down here let me know and we might be able to meet face to face.

18. TrustGzus

Orlando is so cold in July.

19. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Not in my experience. Just the opposite.

20. TrustGzus

Believe me I know. I've lost track of how many times I've been there. I've always gone in October or November. It's like an Illinois summer at that time.