Transgender bathroom laws

Discussion in 'Holy Rants' started by devilslayer365, Apr 24, 2016.

1. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

The main thing that would need to change is the apparent obsession that the US has with making cubicles that offer minimal privacy. It's kinda awkward when you go into the men's room and stand at the urinal only to realise you can see right over the top of the wall of the adjacent cubicle where someone is - er - seated. Then you've got the gaping gaps down both sides of the door, the 18-inch gap all around the bottom, and so on. It's as if they were designed by voyeurs for voyeurs.

2. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

I know, right? If I was a guy, I'd want to use the ladies' room too. Because ick.

3. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Ummmm...... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  4. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

The only think I have to say about this is that I wish there were more Family restrooms. It would have helped greatly when my wife was alive and needed help.

5. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

I had lunch yesterday at an interesting restaurant.

Bathroom doors... one had a picture of lips painted on it, and one had a picture of a mustache.

Looking at the crowd in the restaurant, I had no idea which one I was supposed to use.

6. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

In an 80's hair metal bar, everyone would go in the lips door.

7. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

This thread just got more interesting.

8. RabbiKnife

Imagine the confusion for some of the post-menapausal women in the restaurant...

9. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Maybe the lips one is reserved for Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler.

10. RabbiKnife

Looked more like Tyler than Mick.

11. RabbiKnife

Although, you know, "dude look like a lady."

12. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Well, that was based on Vince Neil from Motley Crue.

13. TrustGzus

I'm not sure anything matches Dude Look Like a Lady more than the cover of Poison's Look What the Cat Dragged In.

14. פNIʞƎƎS

Are you sure about that?
    [​IMG]

15. TrustGzus

Dude looks like a grandma

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.
  16. פNIʞƎƎS

LOL. Yes indeed. :D

17. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I can't help thinking that if someone wanted to eye up women in a state of undress the changing rooms at the local gym would probably provide more pleasing views than the bathroom at Wal-Mart but you never know with some folks. Either way if people (I'm doing a grand job of taking my view and extrapolating it liberally) dislike single-sex bathrooms because of huge gaps all around the cubicles it's hard to see them being any more keen on them if they are suddenly open to all and sundry.

What still makes me laugh is when you've got a bathroom that is literally a single cubicle. You go in and lock the door. What's inside is the toilet bowl (with endless contraptions for the less mobile to access the bowl) and a sink. Yet these cubicles still apparently need to be designated "men" and "women". It's hard to see what difference it makes when nobody else is going to be going in there, especially since they are usually big enough that a disabled person with helper (who may be of a different gender) could fit comfortably in there.

18. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Oh, my goodness! Aunt Myrtle?! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  19. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Certainly, but public bathroom laws won't affect restrooms at private businesses such as Wal-Mart or local gyms. It's up to each business to put their own policies in place, as long as they abide by accessibility regulations. So if you're uncomfortable at the restroom in your local gym, then take it up with the owner/manager, not the government. Or withdraw your patronage.

20. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

That's wayyyy too much common sense and logic for government work Dani. Your absolutely correct but I mean, come on.