The OT and me.....

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by פNIʞƎƎS, Apr 27, 2017.

1. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

So this morning I read a devotional that included a passage from Psalm 37:23

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. - NLT

The Lord grants success to the one whose behavior he finds commendable. - NLT

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, And He delights in his way. - NASB

The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; - NIV

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. - AKJV

My first thought is, "Does God really care about the little details of my life?"

I won't bring up my second point just yet. Which I should have done first, but well, my brain works in weird ways.

2. פNIʞƎƎS

I need to change the way I phrase things.

3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Yes, God directs our steps, but many times I don't follow directions...

Smacking you with a fish.

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.
  4. פNIʞƎƎS

Why does this not surprise me. :)

5. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Jesus said in Matthew 10...

29 Aren’t two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s consent. 30 But even the hairs of your head have all been counted. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Counting my hairs is a little detail. It's getting easier with each year, but it's a little detail I don't even care about. But he does for some reason.

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.
  6. פNIʞƎƎS

Wow! You just blew my mind. Thank you for your reply.

7. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I'm trying to remember who made the quote, but it was something along the lines that a single ice crystal won't melt without God's will. I probably completely butchered that quote though.

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.