The Life of Brian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Athanasius, Mar 16, 2017.

1. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Maybe it's a huge clam bake?

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Never watched the show but I'm aware of the reference.

A waist is a terrible thing to mind... I mean, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night, but I can remember perfectly the first recitation in FrenchI back in 1977.

3. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I was quoting Wonder Years. I have no idea what else is going on.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Well. as long as we're doing quotes:

I am the Architect. I created the ******. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

5. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I always wanted to pretend I was an architect.

6. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

[​IMG]

7. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

I really should watch the rest of the Matrix movies. I really liked the 1st one a lot.

8. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

That's a good reason not to. I mean, they weren't bad, but...

9. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Hey! Better watch out or you'll get fish slapped!

10. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

The Wachowski brot...err, sisters, real life act might be more interesting than the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies.

11. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Yeah the second one was alright but the set piece action bits sometimes dragged on so long it just stopped the plot. I honestly don't remember a lot about the third one, other than it was disappointing.

12. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

All I really remember about the 1st one is something about people being some kind of batteries, life being basically a virtual reality dream people have when trapped in Pods and people like agent Smith tracked down...people that escape their pods I think?
    And there's a choice about picking a red or blue pill. And that people like the main character can enter the virtual reality and control/alter it somehow while retaining their sense of self and reality.

I think. I may have just combined a couple of different movies but Googling things before you post about them takes a lot of the fun out of it.

13. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

That is a pretty fair description of the first one.

14. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I remember really liking the Matrix movies, all three of them. But then the other day my wife and I sat down to watch the first one and only got about an hour into it before I was aware I was sitting there watching the screen and really not enjoying the movie at all. She wasn't either, so we turned it off.

15. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

HUH???
    [​IMG]

16. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Well that's just creepy.

The Parson likes this.
  17. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Matrix is like Dune...

Enjoyable sci fi in the first installment, then ridiculous navel gazing and pseudo intellectual fauxheology and political sociology in installments 2+

18. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Just like the Dune books then. Hmmmm.....

19. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Yep, that's probably why he said "Matrix is like Dune" pi-in-faceSmacking you with a fish.pi-in-face

20. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

I thought he was talking about/comparing the movies. Wasn't there more than one Dune movie? After reading about 3 books in I completely lost interest in it long before the 1st one came out.