Still don't get it...

Discussion in 'Controversial' started by devilslayer365, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I think a lot of people that voted for Trump were ABC people. I wasn't crazy about him either but couldn't stand Clinton.

2. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Trump has done better than I expected, and the Left has done much, much worse than I expected. What a shame.

3. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

What bills are you referring to?

4. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I honestly didn't know a lot about Trump. I knew he was controversial. During the campaign I looked into claims by liberals that he was "xenophobic," mysoginistic," etc. I didn't come to the same conclusions. And he wasn't Hillary...

5. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Sorry, I was referring to the Obamacare repeal and replace. The bills they came up with were horrible for the most part so I'm glad they didn't pass. It just goes to prove that for all of the big talk the Republicans did about it they weren't seriously working on anything sensible.
    Trump won and they almost had a meltdown trying to cobble something together- all those bills they passed and sent to Obama were throwaways they knew he wouldn't sign. They were strictly for political points not to actually try and fix anything.

After 7 years of slinging B.S. we find out they had nothing concrete or feasible beyond big insurance company bailouts and more spending. What a waste of our taxes.

6. DaniH

DaniH You're probably fine.

I'm so surprised this happened.

Not.

7. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

No one should have been surprised. Many were though and it's actually been kind of fascinating watching it play out. Or should I say sickening?

8. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I'm not real familiar with what all was in the bills. My main concern was Congress getting rid of the individual mandate and tax penalty. After I knew Obamacare failed to be repealed, I stopped caring about what all else the bills had contained. What was in them that you think was "horrible" and why?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  9. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

They just made more taxpayer slush money available to the insurance companies and gave out more money to individuals as subsidies, described as "tax credits," continuing the government handouts to buy votes.

They need to just repeal the entire blasted thing and get the government out of the private insurance business.

10. DaniH

Mandated insurance riding on the back of for-profit insurance companies is only ever going to profit the insurance companies.

11. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Trump seems to be back in form in Phoenix.
    This was amusing...
    "We've ended the war on beautiful, clean coal, and it's just been announced that a second, brand-new coal mine, where they're going to take out clean coal -- meaning, they're taking out coal. They're going to clean it -- is opening in the state of Pennsylvania, the second one"

Dear Lord.

12. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

13. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Don't worry guys, those clean lithium mines are all the rage xD

teddyv likes this.
  14. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Considering the bulk of lithium comes from brines, it certainly is a lot cleaner.

15. DaniH

"Beautiful, clean coal" ... except for all the dirt and pollution but I s'pose that's neither here nor there ...