Still don't get it...

Discussion in 'Controversial' started by devilslayer365, Aug 7, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Active Member

Ok. I'm still not sure what they're looking for. Various committees have been looking into things to see if President Trump "colluded" with the Russians during the election to help him win. In what way? From what I understand, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, no voting machines got hacked and no Clinton votes were changed to Trump votes in order to give him more votes. That being the case, how could the Russians have "helped Trump win the election?" The only hacking I heard about was the Russians snooping around in the Democratic National Comittee headquarter emails. So, they snooped around. How did THAT make it so Trump would win?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Trump declared war on "The Swamp" - both parties- and came in wanting to make huge changes. That's the main reason he was elected. Well, he wanted a war and now he's got one and, remember, the Republicans are running committees that are investigating him. They're also the ones who have been doing their best to stall and obstruct in both the Senate and the House.
    While Trump has been moaning about the "Fake News" and pointing his finger all around it's a lot of his own party trying to get rid of him by hook or by crook and Russia is just a convenient excuse to look under every rock, nook and cranny to see if they can get something on him.
    Of course it's a witch hunt and he better hope he hasn't done anything they can pin on him. They'll go back years before he ever ran for election and check every closet for skeletons bro. If he hasn't done anything wrong he doesn't have anything to worry about as far as being indicted goes.

What drives me nuts is the ones they know have committed felonies or at least did some really bad things have been skating free and clear up until now.

About Russia though, of course they tried to interfere in the election just the same way we, the U.S. interfere in other countries elections. We do it all of the time but then get all huffy when other countries try to do it to us? Come on. Really?

If Russia had any success it was our fault for not being prepared and able to counter most of the things they tried to do. I'm not saying that I think hitting them with sanctions and whatever is wrong because they've been our enemies forever and will continue to be. I'm just saying that using the election meddling as an excuse makes us look foolish.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Just for you Aaron.

[​IMG]

devilslayer365 likes this.
  5. פNIʞƎƎS

They make so many memes of this guy.

6. devilslayer365

Ha! Nice one. :p

7. פNIʞƎƎS

It's like, Deja Vu.

All over again.

8. devilslayer365

I love how people are so convinced Trump's already done something wrong worthy of impeachment. Well, if he did, why have no formal steps of impeachment been taken? I hear lots of moaning and groaning about Trump but nobody actually DOES anything about it. How come?

9. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Even if they can't find something to impeach him on they are trying their best to make a lame duck one term president. Why? Because he's actually trying to fulfill the promises and platform he ran on.
    As a conservative I can safely say that the vast majority of republicans talk a great game but don't really intend to follow through. Why people keep believing these snake oil salesmen and then acting surprised is beyond me.
    Mike Huckabee would have tried to do exactly what he said and that's why no one ( politicians ) ever wanted to back him. Rand Paul I think would have done his best to follow through but not a lot of people ( voters ) like a lot of what he wants to do- me included. He's a good senator but as president? No thank you.

Trump was a wild card but when they found out he was serious all bets were off and the war was on. Just like I wrote in my last post. Almost the entire establishment wants him gone or at least crippled.

10. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

I like self reflection.

11. devilslayer365

Well, to be honest, I hope Trump isn't a lame duck one term President. At this point, I like what's he achieved, or attempted to achieve in some cases, and I would like to see him continue to be a thorn in the side of liberals/progressives for as log as possible. Even if the United States is destined to continue to decline morally and culturally, I respect the fact that Trump, and others that share his views on various things, aren't willing to let this country go down without a fight.

12. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Trump was the last guy I wanted to see as president but I have to admit he's been good for jobs, trade and judicial appointments so far. I'll give him credit for that much at least.

13. RabbiKnife

14. devilslayer365

123... ;)

15. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Great. Now I've got that Jackson Five song running through me head.

16. devilslayer365

Well, he TRIED to repeal Obamacare. He can only do so much with that. Unfortunately, the numbnuts in Congress get the final say. He TRIED to set up immigration policies to vet people from terrorism supporting nations. The jackholes in the various levels of courts are the ones binding that all up. Many of the things he promised to do aren't entirely under his control...

17. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Well...yeah. He's president not king. And as we said before he wanted a war with the establishment and he's got one. It will be rough sailing.

18. RabbiKnife

That was AnyoneButClinton

ProDeo likes this.
  19. devilslayer365

Yeah, I get that he's not king. It's just that so many people want to claim he "failed" because Obamacare hasn't been repealed. Or because something else he's tried to accomplish didn't get approval. I'm just making the point that you can't really call it "failure" when you don't accomplish something that you don't entirely have control over...

20. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

We aren't even a year into his term so the people who claim he's failed already are either idiots or being purposely deceptive. It hasn't been done as quickly as he wanted -thank God. Those bills were horrible.- but we've still got at least three years to go.