So, at what point? (Loss Of Salvation)

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by The Parson, Jun 26, 2017.

1. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Good luck tomorrow.

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

They don't know what is getting ready to walk through their door!

3. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

[​IMG]

TrustGzus likes this.
  4. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Sure, though the answer is a simple 'yes' ;)

5. DaniH

DaniH You're probably fine.

I know that's what you're looking for and I'm trying my very best to not give it to you. pi-in-face

*words words words words words words words words more words blah blah blah*

6. DaniH

God help them.

7. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

"Words are but the vehicles upon which ideas travel."

8. Guttenburg

Guttenburg Synical at best

Are you still on that kick?

9. Kierkegaard

Why? It's a discussion, and you made a rhetorical error in one of your broader points. Unfortunately, that broader point somewhat relies on the rhetorical error for its force. Acknowledging that error, and revising it, is the only way to prevent every claim you make from being subject to the same criticism, i.e., that everything is relative (which, obviously, you don't believe).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    BrianW likes this.
  10. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

What kick?

11. TrustGzus

TrustGzus Don't make me hangry Staff Member

May the LORD bless you at your job, Dani!!! I hope it goes well.

12. DaniH

Of course I don't believe that everything is relative, which I hope is understood after years of forum interaction between all of us, so why even go there?

13. Kierkegaard

Because you've been writing that it is

14. DaniH

I have in fact not, but ok ....

*failure to communicate*
    *does not compute*
    *rebooting ... *

15. Kierkegaard

'It depends on how you define...'
    'I'm not seeing how there is a correct view of fruit'
    etc. etc.

That's relativism.

16. DaniH

I'm relatively done with this here thread. You are frustrating me. I'll see y'all in a few months.

17. DaniH

Just wanted to clarify that by "you" in my statement of "it depends on how you define salvation/perdition", I was addressing "the participants in this particular thread, as well as the wider Christian collective" (i.e. believers in the biblical Jesus who was physically here for 33 years, died, and was resurrected).

I can't imagine that the biblical subject of "loss of salvation" to be something that the world as a whole even concerns itself with to begin with, and other than actual Christian believers I've never seen anybody even talk about any of it.

Same goes for "fruit" which we as believers have a general common understanding of, again, as addressed by verses in the Bible, which we're discussing in a Bible Chat on a Christian forum.

I'm 100% fine with being a relativist in this context, which I see as narrow to begin with. I'm not necessarily willing to make it even more narrow than it already is, because I find from personal experience that the more I try to be "correct", the less I'm able to walk in freedom and experience unity with people who also believe in Christ and do their best to follow Him, while not necessarily agreeing on every detail.

With that said ... if we can put this thing to rest now, I'd really appreciate it.

18. Guttenburg

Guttenburg Synical at best

I believe those who believe in soveriegn grace are the ones who put the most emphasis on once saved always saved. Come to think of it why not start a thread on predestination and the belief of osas?