Skin cancer concern

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by devilslayer365, Jun 25, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, a little while back I posted that I had an issue with numbness in my left leg. I had concerns that maybe I had some nervous system problem. Turns out it may have just been a disc in my back pushing on a nerve. Anyway, I have a more pressing concern. A mole on my back has changed the way it normally looked. I have an appointment on the 19th of July to have it looked at by a dermatologist. I'm actually going to keep calling around, though, to see if I can get in sooner somewhere else. That seems a long time to wait when you have skin cancer concerns, as the longer you let it go the more likely it is to spread, if it is cancer. So, I'm just asking for prayers. I'm actually more concerned for my family, especially my wife, if it is cancer and if it is in a stage that isn't likely to be cured. I appreciate anything from anybody. God bless.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Hoping that all goes well.
    My wife has had several moles removed over the years because they looked to be moving to a pre-cancerous stage. I suspect they will remove it and test it for any cancer concern.

3. The Parson

The Parson Your friendly neighborhood parson Staff Member

And I'm praying also Aaron.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Praying for you Aaron.

5. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Thanks everybody.

7. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I didn't want to wait until the 19th of July to see a dermatologist, so I called around and I now have an appointment on the 5th. It's just too important an issue to put off, especially if it is cancer.

8. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Prayers this morning for negative results.

9. פNIʞƎƎS

Praying all goes well.

10. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Well, today is my appointment with the dermatologist to find out what's going on with my mole. It's at 2:15. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

11. Guttenburg

Guttenburg Synical at best

Heres hoping it is not serious.

12. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Keep us informed, Brother.

13. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Hoping not. I have a little something on my arm I'm keeping a close eye on. We don't currently have health insurance and the appointment I had with a dermatologist when we did have insurance was a no-go due to insurance/referral confusion. But I live in Florida and the sun can be brutal here, so I keep an eye on these things. Which at some point in my 40s my skin started growing all kinds of things that weren't there before so I don't even know now.

14. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Well, good news. There's no cancer. I had always thought the lesion was a mole but the doctor told me it's something called a keratosis. Anyway, the doctor told me the reason it changed the way it looked was because it got a scratch on it and a wart virus, which pretty much everybody has on their skin, got inside. That caused the lesion to thicken up and the texture of it got more rough, kind of wart-like. She applied liquid nitrogen to it to freeze it. Anyway, it will just eventually fall off. Thanks for all the prayers from everybody. It was much appreciated. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    San likes this.
  15. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

And here we were all thinking about a good flaying.....:)

good news indeed

16. פNIʞƎƎS

Great news Aaron. Thanks for the update.

17. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Excellent report Aaron.

18. San

San Guest

Thats a great news! It made me feel very happy after read the post, i went very sad.

19. Asadullah

Asadullah Member

That's indeed a very good news. Be thanful to God. He has given you a good long life to live. And you may lead long and happy life.