Site problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilslayer365, Apr 17, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Anybody else having problems on this site with inserting the smileys, pictures, or using bold, italics, underscore, etc? I am. Anybody know why?

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

What problem are you having? ;D

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

:.: 0:0 ;:h;
    Nope

4. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Well, that's weird. I've tried using bolding and italics in various posts lately and it wouldn't work. I tried inserting a picture and smileys into a post earlier today and it didn't work. I'm at a loss for what's going on.

5. teddyv

Are you using a desk/laptop or another device?

6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I'm using my laptop. I've used it lots of times in the past to do the things that I suddenly can't do now.

7. teddyv

That is strange. I can't really think of any reason for that.

Have you tried in other browsers?

8. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

No. I suppose I can give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Well, I tried a different browser and it fixed the situation. I was recently using the Edge browser by Microsoft, now I'm using plain old Internet Explorer by Microsoft and it's working. I used to use Google Chrome for a long time but I began having problems with it crashing all the time. I got tired of it and went to Edge. Fine for while, then it had problems. Despite all the crap people talk about Internet Explorer, it's holding it's own for me.

10. Timothy

Timothy Administrator Staff Member

That's Chrome for you Aaron. It's not the most dependable. A lot of bugs. You could try clearing your cache.

11. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Interesting. On my laptop I use chrome. However, I'm probably on my laptop a half-dozen times per year. I'm most on the iPhone and iPad.

12. Timothy

Timothy Administrator Staff Member

It's in the platform Chrome was built on I think. Also depending on the operating system, the cache is handled in different ways than say firefox in various OS' if I understand it correctly.

13. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Clear your cookies, etc in Chrome. Also check your extensions. Chrome extensions are useful, but can interfere also. I've had to disable a few of them because they made certain sites buggy.