Shooting of GOP baseball practice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Jun 14, 2017.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

And this morning (June 19) a white murderous fool ran over a group of Muslims leaving their mosque in London after midnight Ramadam prayers.

Seems that barbarism knows no bounds.

2. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Oh, I'm not implying it. I'm bluntly saying it. Have you not heard various factions of liberals say they need to "do something" about Trump and conservatism, up to and including using violence? Not sure about you, but I think this shooting qualifies as "using violence." Sorry, but, no, it's NOT a stretch to say liberal politics pulled that trigger...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

I see. So I suppose it's clearly a demonstration of conservative politics to body-slam a reporter asking a legitimate question, breaking his glasses? Many Republicans feel the assault was justified.

4. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

The shooter was a progressive that was very active on social media. He not only didn't like republicans/conservatives he thought that they should be gotten rid of by any means necessary. He was also carrying a hit list of republicans he wanted to take out the day of the incident.
    That's not conjecture on my part. These things have been confirmed.

I absolutely agree that the rhetoric on all sides have gotten way out of control. But it's been confirmed that the man was driven by his political ideology and out to get republicans specifically. Of course he had mental problems. What sane person would do something like this?
    To me it doesn't matter if he was a progressive or a conservative or part of the Pink Petunia Party. What differences does it make to care about that when it comes to trying to solve the questions of: What, Why and how do we stop the madness?

5. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Ok. I thought about it. I suppose you're right. I suppose there's nothing inherently in progressive ideology, that I'm aware of, that says shooting somebody is ok, any more than there is anything inherently in conservative ideology that says it's ok to body slam a reporter asking questions. That being said, I don't have to like progressive ideology (I don't) and I don't have to like many progressives/liberals (I don't) just because I consede that not all liberals/progressives condone what this nut job did, though I have seen some disgusting comments doing just that on Twitter and various sites in the comments section.

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Not a fan of progressive myself.