Proper Christian response to Orlando shootings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Gender hatred is a real and true thing. I mean sin. Of which both sides are highly guilty, for a variety of reasons and in a great variety of ways.

"Misogyny" is just a fancy term for "I hate women because they're women. Also I feel threatened by them even though I won't admit it; therefore I must dominate them."

"Militant feminism" is just a fancy term for "I hate men because they're men. Also I feel threatened by them even though I won't admit it; therefore I must dominate them."

That's one of those things where even if you have a little bit of it and allow it to get unchecked ... that can get out of control pretty quickly and affect and permeate your entire subconscious, until it controls all of your relationships in all sorts of interesting ways. Like sin always does.

Still waiting for the Church to lead the forefront in repentance ... not holding my breath, though. However, I think that God has made us brothers and sisters of one another, and has told to come as children, because children are innocent in relating to one another, and they don't hate each other on account of gender (unless they've been conditioned to and/or grievously sinned against). Sometimes you have to go back before you can go forward.

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

They're quite odd things, misogyny and misandry. I'm not sure they are actually a thing as far as the majority of people are concerned, particularly those labeled misogynist or misandrist, purely because the concepts don't make sense (and really don't make sense if you want to get all evolutionary psychology about it). I think I'm more inclined to consider these things distrust and fear as a result of sin and the fall. For a man to hate women or a woman to hate men? Probably more common in the later case, but a rare thing indeed.

What do you think the church should do?

On account of sex* ;)