Personal

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by Dani, Dec 9, 2016.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Don't let the idiots get you down. Unfortunately, upper management has no control any more. HR departments run everything in fear of the lawyers.

"CAST OUT INTO THE DEEP."

I've had numerous clients in upper management get canned, can't get hired, and they start their own consultant biz and do just fine. Hard work, gazillions of hours netwowrking and selling your expertise, but it works.

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Same position... Laid off just before Christmas. Looking at places to work, but thinking I should just commit and do this on my own.

3. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

Coming in a little late to this (been online very sporadically these last weeks).

From what you've listed the chances are the hiring managers don't want him because they are afraid of him. If they hire someone who outshines them in every way and there are cutbacks, they might lose their job to him.

I'd add a voice to consulting. If you're a manager it might be risky to hire someone who is better than you but if you're hiring a consultant then assuming you don't need to consider things like Masonic ties you're going to go for the best value you can find. That's going to mean the guy who gets the work done at a good price. If he's so smart he makes Einstein look like a halfwit, so much the better because now he's working for you but in a way that leaves you free to shake his hand and send him on his way once the job is done rather than worrying if he's got his eyes on your job.

4. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Well I wouldn't say he makes Einstein look like a halfwit ... but he's a card-carrying Mensa member so he definitely makes me look like a halfwit lol.

Anyway he's currently pursuing a local opportunity that doesn't look too shabby. *fingers crossed*

5. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Prayers this weekend...