Online Angels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timothy, Jan 29, 2016.

1. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Scripture explicitly demonstrates that God's angels eat, appear in human form, speak, and can move physical objects if God so empowers them.

Scripture does not hint at similar powers for demons.

Try again.

2. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Why? Are they not also angels, even if fallen?

3. RabbiKnife

No. They are not angels.

They are defeated foes.

Why assume they retain angelic power when there is no suggestion of the same in a Scripture?

Too much Hollywood, not enough Bible.

4. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I know they are "defeated foes." That fact doesn't, however, negate the fact they are still angels. Are you implying God somehow took away their angelic abilities? Since you're so keen on Scripture needing to be used for just about everything under the sun, you have any for this?

5. RabbiKnife

An angel is by definition a messenger of God, empowered by God.

Cut off from God, they are no longer angelic.

Demons are not shown in Scripture to ever have the power of angels, including, but not limited to, the power of speech, physical form, or interacting with the physical universe other than possession of non believers.

6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, if demons can take over something as complicated as a human mind and body, possession, why are they somehow limp and weak and can't do something as simple as fling a book off a shelf or make a rocking chair appear to rock by itself in a "haunted house?" Why would demons even necessarily need a body to accomplish the things I describe? Wind isn't a physical object, has no body, and yet it can make objects move.

7. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Obtuse. :.:

8. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Holy proxy!

9. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Elaborate...

10. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

It appeared you're ignoring everyone's response to promote your own agenda.
    You seem to believe demons can control the Internet. Yet rather than just say that, you want to know why not ather than give your belief of why.

11. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Actually, you're mixing up, either intentionally or unintentionally, what RK said versus what I said. RK said he believes holy angels can witness to people via the Internet. In regards to demons, fallen angels, I said I believe they can interact in our physical world via things that supposedly happen in "haunted houses." Doors opening and closing by themselves. Things moving around or levitating by themselves. I mentioned nothing about demons being on the Internet. I just wondered why RK thinks good angels can do things in our world but evil angels are supposedly weak and can't really do much. Scripture says Satan and his demons have been cast out of Heaven and have been confined to the earth. That being the case, I believe they can affect our physical world in all kinds of tangible ways. Just because we can't see them with our eyes doesn't mean they are not here and they're not real.

12. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

When I see a 9mm levitate off a table and blow someones brains out, I'll agree you have a point.

13. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Because demons aren't blowing peoples' brains out with guns that means demons can't do other things in our world? I think if demons thought they could get away with doing such a thing they would. However, because of God's command to Satan not to take Job's life during his tribulations, I have concluded that the taking of human lives by demons is possible but is, thankfully, forbidden by God. I think they have the desire and ability to slaughter the human race, but they are restrained by God, somehow, from doing so. Maybe they are aware that if they disobey God they have some punishment that they absolutely are terrified of and because of that they begrudgingly obey God on the matter.

14. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

You're leaving big gaps in your theory.
    Demons are allowed to make thing levitate, but they can't screw with people lives by using a keyboard and hitting submit?

15. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Actually, I never said they can't. I didn't say one way or another what I thought about demons using the Internet. The original topic, which RK addressed, is if good angels can use the Internet. I suppose they could. I also suppose fallen angels could as well.

16. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

So, you haven't really said anything.

17. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Do you not know how to read? I directly answered your question. I said I believe good and evil angels can do all kinds of things in our world, maybe even things involving the Internet. Not sure how that's saying "nothing." Especially since you wanted me to make clear what I believed. I did exactly that.

18. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Yep, "maybe" makes it very clear.

19. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I said maybe because I don't know for certain if they do or if they don't. Would you like me to lie and say "absolutely?" I said I believe it's possible. Do they? That, I don't know. I think that's a pretty straightforward and honest answer. Not sure why that's not adequate enough for you.

20. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Think of it another way:

1) Glorified, new creation human
    2) fallen, this creation human

Both human, but I'm 99% certain that 2) will be revealed to be a pathetic shadow of 1). Now apply the same to angels, particularly our belief that sin and separation from God has disordered all of us -- why not the same for angels that has also fallen?