Online Angels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timothy, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Timothy

Timothy Administrator Staff Member

Do you think angels are ministering through the internet?

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

No reason why they couldn't...

3. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

No obvious reason why they shouldn't be, but as to whether they are or not I think I'd decline to give a specific yes or no.

4. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Matthew 19:26

5. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

As I'm pretty sure I golfed with one, I see no reason why the internet couldn't be a possibility.

6. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Interesting question. Have you had some experience, or heard of one, that leads you to believe they are? I would say it's possible.

7. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I'm kind of surprised you say this. You're the same person that doesn't believe demons can interact in the physical world by means of "hauntings" and "ghostly" phenomenon, based on the assertion that the Bible doesn't explicitly mention such activity by demons. The Bible also doesn't mention that angels serving God can get on the Internet. According to your own logic, God's angels, therefore, can't use the Internet. Why do you believe that evil angels serving Satan can't interact in our physical world but God's loyal angels can? ???

8. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

On the other hand I don't see why Heavenly Angles couldn't "whisper in our ears" much the same as Fallen Angles do.

9. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Well THAT escalated quickly.

10. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Jesus didn't use computers. So, no. 0:0 ;.;.

11. פNIʞƎƎS

I think it's possible.

12. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

No "escalation" unless RK escalates things. I asked him a simple question because he seems inconsistent in his beliefs. If he gets all upset or offended about that, that is on him...

13. פNIʞƎƎS

So what you're saying is that if someone gets offended when you offend them that's it's on them and they need to grow up and stop whining and being a baby.

14. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

How is it "offensive" to ask somebody why they're inconsistent about their beliefs?

15. פNIʞƎƎS

Not sure. You tell me. You said this:

"No "escalation" unless RK escalates things. I asked him a simple question because he seems inconsistent in his beliefs. If he gets all upset or offended about that, that is on him..."

So your anticipating that he'll get offended.

16. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Honestly, yes, I anticipate that. RK doesn't like to be "challenged."

17. פNIʞƎƎS

I think for the most part none of us really likes to get challenged. However, in the right scenario, with well thought out discussion and debate and in a loving manner, I think we all could use a friendly challenge from a loving brother or sister that wants us to dig deeper than perhaps we have on a specific issue. I know I've benefited from it many times. Of course I have to know that the person I'm dialoging with is trying to stimulate growth and not just throwing punches.

18. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Then, I must think differently than most people. If I have inconsistent beliefs I fully expect people to call me on that. Therefore, I sincerely try to be consistent in my beliefs. I don't like looking hypocritical or conflicted. If I appear inconsistent, then, by all means, point that out to me. I just find it odd that RK believes holy angels can do things in our world, which I also believe, but that fallen angels somehow can't. When I've had debates with him about demons being able to impersonate dead people and "haunt" houses by throwing objects around, opening doors and windows, turning lights on and off, etc., his reasoning for why he thinks they can't do those things was because "the Bible doesn't explicitly say they can." Well, I'm merely pointing out that the Bible also doesn't explicitly say good angels can go on the Internet and minister to people, either. I'm just curious about why he thinks one camp of angels can do something and the other supposedly can't.

19. פNIʞƎƎS

Well since I'm not sure of his stance on Angelic involvement, I'll have to step aside and let him answer that question.

20. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Fair enough.