Mind Management

Discussion in 'Devotions' started by Graceblest, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Graceblest

Graceblest Member

I was listening today as Romans 12:1-2 was read. I’ve been a Christian since I was 7 and grew up studying God’s Word and loving it. I even quizzed on Romans when I was in Youth for Christ in high school, but something jumped out at me today that I had never quite gotten hold of before!

Here is the Scripture in the King James Version:
    “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that yo present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

You may have heard many preachers and teachers say that the way to renew your mind is to immerse yourself in the Word of God. That certainly is very true, but let’s back up a bit.

First of all, you have to commit your life to the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, realizing that when He died on the Cross of Calvary it was for YOUR sins. It involves turning from living your own will in godly sorrow for your sins and committing yourself to living for the LORD.

Once done, you need to find His direction for your life. God makes that direction clearer and clearer as you get more and more involved in studying His Word. The more you study, the more you learn of His character, His plan for your life, and His plan of salvation and walking in Him.

Here is the thing that stood out to me today:

The reason for renewing our mind is that we may “prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Note that there is a progression here: ”good, and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Good, acceptable, perfect. Hmmm! So you start off with a small “good” understanding as a new believer, because you aren’t adept at the Word yet. But the more you grow in your relationship with Christ and in your study of His Word, you progress upward to an higher “acceptable” understanding of the character, mind, and Word and will of Christ. Keep on in the Word and in your daily relationship with your Lord, and WOW! You some to a “perfect” understanding of the will of God. BUT BIG CAVEAT HERE!!! “Perfect” does not mean that you completely know all the mind of God! We are human, and God is God It does, however, mean that you grow into a far more mature understanding of His will and direction for you.

The more you know of God’s word, the better you know Him, and the more you know Him, you better you can discern His will. I must add here that the way you come to understand God’s Word is to pray for wisdom and undertanding as you begin your time with Him. It is rather common sense that the more time you spend with a person, the better you get to know that person. That’s the way it is with God, too.

I encourage you to dig deep! “Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15)....and continue to grow, learning to think on the thin gs that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report.: (from Philippians 4:8). Finally grow enough that the mind of Christ is in you, the mind that led Him to serve you in love enough to die for you! That’s the Christ that God has highly exalted and given him a name above every other name. (see Philippians 2:5-11) Let yourself love, obey, and worship Him and learn from Him how to love others as He has loved you! That’s a mighty big love!
    God bless you as you grow in Him.
    Gracey

2. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

And all the people said AMEN!

3. Timothy

Timothy Administrator Staff Member

With an extra amen...