Just got to meet Tom face to face

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timothy, Jul 28, 2016.

1. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I think Skyline Drive stops around the northern parts of Virginia (although it may go further). About half way down Shenandoah was maybe three hours drive for us. Of course that's in a car rather than an RV but, you know...

Drop me a note when you know when you're likely to be in the area. Got a few things coming up that will keep me occupied but if we can fit something in it would be great to meet.

2. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Did you see those pics I posted on FB from Oahu? I'm still floored that that storm dropped so much rain on the island that the freeways got shut down because of how much they got flooded. :eek:

3. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

It was good to hear from you sir. I am so looking forward to meeting you and Dani in person. I've had the privilege of meeting Mr. Cloudwalker and McGyver in person.

4. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

You'd only be about 1300 km from me by the time you hit Seattle. Weren't you in Alaska as some point? If so, we're on the way. :)

5. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Very bittersweet visit. Looking forward to Friday!

6. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Post dates and we will see if we can work it out.

7. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

I increasingly want one of those 3/4 - 1 ton vans with the roof that raises , creating a vented sleeping area.

8. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

We recently saw this car top tent that folds out to one side creating a sleeping area on top of the car. Comes with a ladder to get in.

We are also considering a pickup so that we blend in with the locals more. :)

9. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Interesting!

10. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

We are trying to work it out so that Seeking, DaniH, TomH and I can all get together while they are down here in my neck of the woods.

11. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

This will be a meeting of Epic Proportions.

12. Cloudwalker

It should be enjoyable. I've met Seeking before, have pictures to prove it, and looking forward to meeting DaniH and TomH.

13. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Maybe I can make it! You're only 19 hours away by car!

14. Dani

We're meeting Friday afternoon. Best start driving sometime tomorrow. :)

15. tango

Awww.... that rules me out of the picture. Harumph. :(

16. Cloudwalker

Let me know when you get into the area and I can give you driving directions to where we are meeting.

17. tango

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for me to call... it's way too far to drive down, especially since I have commitments at the weekend :(

18. tango

Just checked, Google Maps says its 1200 miles, or 18 hours driving. Sadly Google Maps doesn't usually appreciate the human needs for food and comfort breaks, nor the automotive need for periodic refills of gas.

Taking a moderately optimistic view of 400 miles between refuelling stops and 30 minutes per stop, it is theoretically driveable in a day. I don't know how alert I'd be at the end of the day though...

19. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Give me your address Tango, I just talked to an old high school friend in Laurys Station Pa.
    Told here I may swing by and visit withe her and her husband.
    If you're in central Pa, it'd be on my way back to Ohio.

20. Dani

D-Day hath cometh!