Irma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabbiKnife, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Thanks TG for the updates on Manny and CW. Saw Dani's fb earlier

2. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Thanks for the prayers everyone. We're doing good. Power is back. Just a little minor damage to our roof tiles.

3. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Oh good. I know Florida received much damage. I hope power will be able to be restored quickly.
    I am amazed at the tenacity and power of this storm. Just getting the bands in NC and it is the first time any storm blew a chair off of my porch.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

This was a monster of a Hurricane. Big and powerful.

5. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Managed to get online for a few minutes. I'm alive and well. Spent the storm with my sister and her husband. They have a concrete block house with steel storm shutters. Found out this afternoon that I had power, which they didn't. Anxious to find out the state of my house. No dammage. Some tree branches down is all.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  6. פNIʞƎƎS

Glad to hear you are well brother Dave.

7. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

Thanks for checking in you two. God is good.

8. פNIʞƎƎS

Yes HE is.

9. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Let me chime in as well that it's great to hear things are alright.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

Yes sir. It was scary at times I'll admit.

11. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Hurricanes is weird animals.

My MIL lives in Albany, GA. The eye went within about 15 miles of her place as a CAT 1.

Neither she nor I have any damage, but we have much more minor tree limbs/ leaf debris here (200 miles away) than she does.

12. פNIʞƎƎS

Yes indeed. They are very unpredictable as far as damage.

13. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Lost power shortly after my last post and just had it turned back on. Sustained some minor damage to our fence but nothing hubby can't fix. Now we just have to get the AC fixed, my foot healed, find jobs, and we'll be right as rain.

14. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

"Right as rain"?

Really?

pi-in-face

15. Dani

16. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Glad to know our Floridians, et al, successfully weathered the storm.

17. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Thanks for the updates from you 3!!

Scooby_Snax likes this.
  18. Dani

Scary and also terrifying.

When it's 4 AM and your power is out and you're getting tornado after tornado warning on your phone (which you ignore now because you're too exhausted to check) while the wind howls and hisses and you're waiting for your roof to blow off ... and you finally find a praise song within that you repeat until you can go back to sleep ...

19. פNIʞƎƎS

Wow. Glad your ok Dani. We had several tornado watches in our local area, but no warnings. Terrifying is putting it mildly I'd say.

20. Dani

We had tornadoes blow the second story of a house in Palm Bay clear off, and tearing through a few mobile home parks which thankfully were evacuated, because from what I understand there was a mobile home that ended up on top of another mobile home ... which is why our daughter & granddaughter and a friend of ours stayed with us due to them living in mobile homes (which thankfully made it through just fine). They're unfortunately the most vulnerable to winds of such force, and Florida has a ton of mobile home communities. Our house is high CAT rated and newer construction and with galvanized steel shutters becomes somewhat of a fortress, with 3 interior-most rooms (closets and a laundry room) ... but still ... these things are so unpredictable, anything can happen. Add to that the fact that I struggle with anxiety already ... which sometimes runs off the rails and has to be corralled back in ... which is probably why I pray literally nonstop because prayer is a great outlet for all that pent-up emotional angst I've got going on most of the time ... might as well channel it into something useful.