Illuminatai: fact or Christian paranoia?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilslayer365, Jul 7, 2016.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, I've heard of something that many Christians assert exists. The "Illuminati." It's supposedly a group of snobby Satanists/Luciferians who believe they're the elite of mankind. They're smarter than everybody. They see those that are not of their ilk as mere sheep that they get to enslave in various ways. Supposedly they're involved in government, the media, entertainment, education. They supposedly publicly use all kinds of occultic symbols, signs, hand gestures, etc., that the masses don't catch on to but "aware Christians" can discern if, well, they're "real Christians." I'm just wondering if anybody here thinks this is real or mere well meaning, but paranoid, delusions on the part of some Christians.

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Paranoia. Christians don't need an Illuminati, we already have satan.

3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

We could tell you, but then we would have to disappear you.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

5. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Some further info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

And this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabal

6. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

Paranoia. Driven by a need to associate all their fears and woes to a single entity with an unwavering and unified will. All the "hidden symbolism" BS is a means of self assurance. "They can't see these things, but I can, so I must know what I'm doing".

And of course... evidence against the conspiracy is *ONLY* evidence of a greater conspiracy.

It is, as far as I can tell, the most acute and poignant demonstration of people deciding on an idea first, then weaving all information into a narrative that supports the idea. How can one begin to dialog with such liars, cheats, charlatans, and intellectual whores?

7. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

How about?

The biggests conspiracy of all is that there are no conspiracies.

0:0

8. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

They asked me to join once, but I turned them down.

What a bunch of snobs!

9. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

The main problem with these conspiracy theories is that they assume a unification and team spirit that exists noplace in sinful humans, especially not the monetary and political elite who are driven by greed and power hunger, and who would gladly devour each other if it gives them an advantage along with more riches and greater power and influence.

Believers serve Jesus, the Prince of Peace Himself. We out of all people should be unified because we have God's very own power to make that happen. Yet, reality is, we're also deeply split. If we can't even accomplish that kind of unity, what makes you think anyone else can?

Conspiracy theories by no means affect only Christians. They abound everywhere and always have. Things like chemtrails and the Illuminati are only the latest and greatest in a very old tradition that every single culture has, and always has had.

I think all this conspiracy stuff is probably rooted in the fact that people believe that "inside knowledge" gives them an advantage or makes them superior over the rest of us ignoramuses. People simply love being "in the know" about "truth" --- even if they have to make stuff up or believe the most ridiculous fairy tales to relish in the fact that they have some sort of knowledge that nobody else has.

From a psychological standpoint, I think it's just a pretty logical route people take from:
    1. A healthy skepticism (where you seek to prove all things by examining and testing them to see if they're true, but you're still open to trusting people who have proven themselves, and your basic outlook on life is one of trust tempered with due caution) into:
    2. Cynicism (where you've shifted your approach to life from a general trust to a general mistrust, because your child-like ability to trust has been destroyed by abuse, disappointment and betrayal) -- and from there into:
    3. Suspicion (where you become afraid to believe anything or anybody because your decision to not trust anyone has now taken root and is bearing fruit) -- and finally from there into
    4. More or less florid paranoia (where you've become so locked in your own mind by your own closed off and fearful, mistrusting heart, that you'd rather believe fabricated fantasy stuff than actually trust real people).

It's all just basically inborn survival mechanisms gone wrong to the extreme.

10. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Of course, any logical explanation such as Dani's is a coverup.
    (Good job Dani!)

11. Athanasius

Don't be silly, we'd replace him with a lizard replicant replacement!

[youtube]w-0TEJMJOhk[/youtube]

12. ProDeo

The irony with conspiracy theorists is that they are not believed when there is a real conspiracy.

13. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Are you talking about politicians or the Illuminati?

Wait.

Oh.

nevermind.

14. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Paranoia is simply the result of knowing the truth. :.:

15. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. ;.;. 0:0

16. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

And then there's always this. (Ironically 20 years ago today)

[youtube]3hILCw66sLU[/youtube]

17. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I sometimes wonder how many of the really weird conspiracy theories are put out there by those with secrets to hide so that when something does emerge as a collection of allegations it can be written of as "just another nutjob conspiracy theory".

The sad thing is that if they were true you'd probably never know, and those who truly believe in them will regard evidence against them as proof that the truth is being suppressed or that the person presenting the evidence is in on it.

As to whether the Illuminati exist, I don't doubt for a minute that there are shadowy groups in the government who operate using black budgets and have little if any accountability. But just how much power they have, just what level of technology they have, is anyone's guess. It's not unreasonable to assume that research departments (government or private) have technology more advanced than what is available to the average man in the street, it's a natural consequence of researching at the cutting edge.

18. ProDeo

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com is a popular conspiracy website. I visited it for some time after 9/11 when the New York Times (IIRC) on the front page in an monsterous font size stated:

Bush knew!

It's incredible anti-american and anti-israel, both are bad bad bad and you can't find one positive sentence about the 2. Scrolling it today it seems they have a hero called Putin ;~:

I can not help to think they are funded although they now seem to be in the ad-business also.

19. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Also, for believers who take Revelation literally, the Illuminati are the precursor to the Antichrist with his upcoming New World Order. Of course God has been setting the stage for a long time (although more credit is usually given to the devil, great and powerful being that it is) and the final pieces are now being put into place.

*Game of "pin the tail on the antichrist" ensues*

Who shall be the leader of the Illuminati? Who will finally be revealed as the reigning monarch of the NWO?

Putin, perhaps? The Pope, perchance? Merkel, maybe? Obama, obviously!

Stay tuned -- soon it shall all be known!

20. Athanasius

It's pretty obviously Hillary Clinton