I Believe

Discussion in 'Bards Corner' started by Cloudwalker, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

I BELIEVE

I believe in God the Father. The First Person of the Trinity. All powerful, all knowing and all loving. The creator of all there is, was, and ever shall be. Who’s holiness cannot abide the presence of Sin. But who's love is far above anything we can understand. Who in that love made provision for us to have fellowship with Him.

I believe that humanity, in its natural state is totally sinful. That, as in the words of Paul, “in my flesh dwells no good thing.

I believe that humanity was created with a desire for fellowship with God and can never truly find rest outside of that fellowship. But that our sinful nature keeps us from that fellowship.

I believe that Christ was God in human form. That He was both totally God and totally human, being born of God and a virgin woman.

I believe that in Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, God made a way to bridge the chasm that sin has made between God and fallen humanity.

I believe that in Christ, God came into the world and lived in human form, showing us His true nature.

I believe that Christ's suffering and death on the cross paid the price for our sin, allowing a way for fallen humanity and a perfect Holy God to have fellowship once again.

I believe that after His death on the cross, Christ was buried in a borrowed tomb and that he rose to life on the third day and showed himself in bodily form to numerous people. That among them were Peter and the 12, Mary and the women at the tomb and that men on the way to Emmaus.

I believe that after His resurrection He ascended to heaven where He is our High Priest, interceding with the Father on our behalf. form there He will soon return to rule on earth.

I believe that before He ascended, Christ promised to send us another comforter. That comforter is the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three persons, one God.

I believe that the Holy Spirit came into the world to lead, Guide, comfort, teach, and empower the Church, Christ's body in this world.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is a person with all the attributes of person hood and not just some disembodied force. Among these attributes are the ability to be grieved and resisted, among others.

I believe that there is only one true Church scattered amongst the people on earth. That no one denomination has a monopoly on Gods Truth. That we are all called to be Gods people on this earth. To teach others gods ways and bring all to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I believe that as Christ's body in this world we are called to make this place a better place in which to live. That while we are no longer of this world and that our true home is in heaven, we are, never-the-less, in this world and, as Christians, are bound to help where we can, in Christ name.

I believe that in our own strength it is absolutely impossible to live, love, and work as Christ would have us, but that through His strength, given freely ut us, we can “do all things through Christ who strengthens us.” that only by living constantly in the strength of Christ can we hope to do what God has called us to do.

I believe that God has revealed Himself to us by giving us His word, The Bible. That God was at work throughout history preserving and protecting His word so that what we have today is still Gods Holy Word and is still “God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, So that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Here I stand.

_____ _____​
    ____David E. Cloud____​
    (12/28/2000) ​

copyright David Cloud 2000 used by permission