How did Russia help Trump win?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilslayer365, May 12, 2017.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So, I don't quite get it. What EXACTLY is President Trump being investigated for in regards to Russia? People not very keen on Trump keep claiming Russia helped Trump get elected. How did that supposedly happen? No evidence exists that Russia hacked into American voting machines and changed Hillary Clinton votes into Donald Trump votes. That being the case, how did Russia help Trump "win the election?" The ONLY thing I've heard that Russia hacked into was the DNC headquarters' emails. That was Clinton's campaign people. The Russians snooped on Hillary. I'm no fan of Clinton, but it's NOT cool that they did that. I don't like the idea of Russia hacking into ANYTHING in the United States. But, I fail to see how THAT helped Trump win the Presidency. Can anybody enlighten me?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I believe it pertains to some of the wikileaks dumps that occurred during the election. The material released by wikileaks is thought to have originated from Russian hackers.

3. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Ok, and how did these leaks supposedly help Trump win the Presidency?

4. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

The info dumps were all about Clinton.

5. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

That still doesn't explain how it "helped" Trump "win the election." When I hear "the Russians helped Trump win the election" the ONLY way that can DEFINITIVELY be true is if they hacked the voting machines and made sure Trump had more votes than Clinton. That would be achievable if they turned some Clinton votes into Trump votes. Again, no evidence exists showing that to be the case. As far as the leaks go...First, was any of it untrue about Clinton? If not, so what that it was leaked? Most people already knew if they liked Clinton or not and any unflattering thing about Clinton in the leaks wasn't going to make any difference to them. If some people were unsure about how they felt about Clinton and the leaks made them decide to vote against her, again, if the information about her was accurate I don't see the problem. Like I said, I don't like the fact that Russia hacked into ANYTHING in the United States, but I see this as a "red herring" scenario that the libs are trying to get Americans to buy into. They're just bitter that Trump won and they're simply grasping at straws. Fortunately, lots of Americans aren't falling for it.

6. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I would think the idea is some people that might have voted for HRC but weren't diehard may have changed their minds and voted for Trump of a third party or not at all. All those options would help Trump.

7. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

So what? If the information about her was TRUE, why does it particularly matter that it was hacked and then leaked? If it was FALSE, though, and that caused some people to vote against her...then, that has more credibility in the argument that Russia helped Trump win, particularly by deceptive means. If hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of people were to say, "Hey, the only reason I voted for Trump was because such and such was said about Clinton. And it was all untrue stuff. I feel ripped off" I'd concede that the election WAS a sham and Trump SHOULDN'T be President, whether he was involved with, or at least knowledgeable about, what Russia was doing...or whether he was not. As it stands, though, this doesn't appear to be the case. Again, I see it as a "red herring" and grasping at straws by bitter liberals and Democrats.

8. TrustGzus

I don't know. God is still in control and the authorities that are in place have been put there by him. Romans 13.

9. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Because if a foreign country gets their hands into our election, it's wrong. If our country gets their hands into foreign elections, it's not wrong.

I don't pay this any mind because I know that it's smokescreens. If the US citizenry truly understood the actual extent of US minglings and doings around the world, we would be appalled. And rise up in protest at the corruption and shenanigans that are present in our very own elected government with all of its wheelings and dealings. And all parties involved are guilty of it, at all levels, in every way.

So.

That's why only God has it all sorted out, really, and I must trust and ask Him to bring justice, according to His own standards and good judgment. Because we know so very little about any of it. We live in the information age where we think we have all this knowledge, but truly we don't. We have no idea. But we can take action based upon what's available to us. And we can pray.

Who, then, should we elect?

Anybody, really. Pick one. It don't matter. Honestly. Clinton ... Trump ... Santa Claus ... whoever.

Pray more, angst less. Pray way, way more. Because if God is in control (which He is) and our effectual, fervent prayer affects much (which it does), then why wouldn't we pray all the time? Why wouldn't we join God in the running of this planet? Why wouldn't we want to see beyond politicians, go over their heads, quit worrying about what they're doing, and connect with the true Power that actually runs this planet?

I don't understand how people can invest all this time and energy and hours upon hours into politics and talking about politics, and invest like 2 minutes a day into prayer, and then wonder why everything is so messed up, as if any politicians held any answers or were any solution or of any consequence to us at all.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

11. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Apparently, Putin voted 22,345, 127 times in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

In drag.
    With fake photomID's

Scandalous

12. TrustGzus

I knew it!!!!!!

13. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

[​IMG]

14. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Oh, wow. A frightening and emotionally traumatic picture just popped in my head. I'm scarred for life. Thanks, RK...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  15. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

Is that Bruce Jenner?

:)

16. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Nah. Somebody's photoshopped idea of Putin in drag. Frightening, yet somehow intriguing as well. LOL!