Hockey.

Discussion in 'Sports and Gaming' started by Smokey, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Smokey

Smokey Guest

Any hockey fans here? It's the only sport I really enjoy watching. My favorite team is the New Jersey Devils and this past draft, we had the number one pick and chose Nico Hershier. He seems like a really promising prospect and will definitely help us out in rebuilding our team back to greatness. :D I also hope we re-obtain Kovalchuk and a few other top free agents soon. :) We are 24 million dollars under the cap at the moment so we can definitely afford to spend some money for success.

2. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

I really only watch baseball. However, any mention of the Devils makes me smile and think of David Puddy from Seinfeld.

3. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

I love that character
    [​IMG]

TrustGzus likes this.
  4. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Gotta support the team!

5. פNIʞƎƎS

Sometimes.

6. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I do enjoy hockey but have not been watching much for the last couple of years. I would cheer for the Vancouver Canucks although they have a a dismal couple years now from the highs of 2009 to 2012.

I remember how about 10 years ago a lot of hockey fans were hoping the Devils would have traded to acquire a player by the name of Miroslav Satan (actually pronounced 'shahtan'). It would hve looked good in that jersey.

7. פNIʞƎƎS

LOL. He would have been a legitimate Devil.

8. trevor

trevor New Member

i seriously do not like hockey but it is a good game.

9. פNIʞƎƎS

I hear watching it live is quite entertaining.

10. teddyv

It's definitely a different experience live than on TV. While TV is good for keeping track of the play, seeing it live often gives you opportunity to see plays develop. Plus like any live event, it can just be that much more exciting with thousands of others.

11. Asadullah

Asadullah Member

Even Hockey is Pakistans national game. It was originated by Pakistanis But i myself ain't that much interested in this game. Because since my childhood i have never ever got a chance to play hockey, and the city i used to live there weren't actually hockey grounds where we could enjoy hockey. I just a cricket lover. And football sometimes.

12. teddyv

I assume you are referring to field hockey, rather than ice hockey.:)

Asadullah likes this.
  13. פNIʞƎƎS

Field hockey? Had never heard of that.

14. teddyv

Really? We even played it in high school PE. Bloody hard ball.

15. Asadullah

Asadullah Member

yup. I'm talking about field hockey. As ice hockey wasn't mentioned anywhere i thought its field hockey.

16. teddyv

As most here are North American, ice hockey is a far more common form of the sport.

Asadullah likes this.
  17. San

San Guest

I just came to know that in the country currently i am staying in has no concept of ice hockey. I mean they haven't ever played it. Because its a hot country and there are only 1 or 2 cities were only in winter swason snow falls happen. Field hockey is common here.

18. Asadullah

Asadullah Member

i see.. i have seen ice hockey i TV and internet only. never experienced it myself.

19. Empire

Empire New Member

When I Was at high school, sometimes we go and play hockey for fun and learn it the right way. It's cool and I remember we did it in the rain and it was cold. However my class aren't teammates at all they where just crazy suckers and so most of the time I was in the corner watching

20. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!