Forums: for better or worse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrustGzus, Feb 27, 2016.

1. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Sure. But there's also lots of boring stuff like burnt offerings. Grain offerings. Sin offerings. Minute details about how to cook certain foods. Slaughter animals for sacrifice. Which animals are ok to eat. How to treat certain diseases. I don't know. If you can read all that without your eyes glazing over...more power to you. LOL!

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

I'll take Leviticus over genealogies any day.

3. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

I personally prefer the Book of Armaments.

4. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I actually found Leviticus far more interesting than I expected. Certainly vastly more interesting than, say, the first few chapters of 1 Chronicles.

5. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

If you happen to live in a more rural area in a country without access to standard healthcare and top notch technology to assist with cooling, plumbing, etc. to prevent disease and/or treat it, Leviticus is actually a life-saving treasure trove on what to eat and on how to implement basic hygiene rules to keep everyone as healthy as possible.

Maybe not very applicable to us in technology-driven countries, but then again it's not always about us. So feel free to skip over. 8)

6. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Once followed a pastor/friend who systematically went through Leviticus under the premise of "Christ in all the scriptures." Took a long time as i recall, several months.

Leviticus, in context with Exodus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, has since then been foundational to my understanding of the Bible, and I enjoy reading it while so appreciative that I am under grace rather than law.

I also struggle with genealogies, but having once systematically studied the Genesis lists, in particular, I was amazed and forever smitten.

7. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

That's true... when "put it in the chest freezer" and "cook at 450 degrees for 30 minutes" aren't options you need something a little more, you know, low-tech :)