Do you believe Cannabis should be legal both for religious and non-religious standpoint?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChristianInspiration, May 31, 2017.

1. I feel that government has over-stepped their bounds on such an amazing healing plant known as Cannabis. Do you all feel it should be legal from both a religious and non-religious stand-point, and why? I feel that with it's amazing benefits it can help motivate both religious and non-religious individuals. I can't see the harm in legalizing it as if there is any harmful properties they aren't nearly as bad as Tobacco. Thoughts?

2. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Hmm.

'Amazing healing plant', lol. That's all you get.

3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

I believe that the government should let people be as stupid as they want to be.

4. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Stupid, sleepy and hungry.

5. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

I'm fine with the idea of taking out any substances found in Cannabis that can be used medicinally. Many of our medications are derived from plants. I think smoking it to get high is a bad idea.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  6. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Legalize, then buy heavy into Frito-Lay.

7. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Or Taco Bell! ;)

8. teddyv

Yeah, that'll work too.

9. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

We take a sip of coffee, we're accepting chemical influence on mood and awareness.
    We take an ice cold beer out of the cooler, we're accepting chemical influence on mood and awareness.
    We take a hit off a joint within 1 mile of a public school, and we accept 5 years of Federal Sodomy Prison, and any chance we had at gainful employment, plus the disdain of countless up-tighties.

Now, its perfectly rational to compare the type and intensity of chemical effects and theorize consumption limitations, but what's happened in the case of cannabis is breathtakingly stupid. A stupid so immense that it baffles the mind why the prohibitors complain about any mental degradations the drug has on its consumers.

10. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but personally i voted to legalize medicinal marijuana. If those who are in pain and in such bad conditions are able to find some relief in using marijuana, who am I to deprive them of that.

11. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Works wonders for my brother, but also gives him psychotic episodes. Beats the pain, though.

12. פNIʞƎƎS

Wow. I guess nothing is perfect. Sadly.

13. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

I voted yes too. Clinical grade heroin is already legal. It's called diamorphine and is being used by hospitals everywhere. Therefore clinical grade marijuana should logically be legal also, in every state, all the time. There is zero reason for medical marijuana to be illegal anywhere, if medical heroin is perfectly legal and has been for years.

The "war on drugs" has been about as successful as the Prohibition, meaning it's created an amazing black market for drugs and put all power in the hands of the drug lords, like Prohibition did with the booze lords and gave rise to the Mafia in our country.

Not that they learned from that though ...

If people want to off themselves with mind-altering substances, who cares? If alcohol is legal, then other drugs ought to be legal also.

But, government continues to operate under the myth that "if we make it illegal, nobody will use or sell it". Except they will, and build a kingdom from it.

Be actually consistent with our laws by making all drugs legal, and then regulate the crap out of them. The end.

14. פNIʞƎƎS

Not sure I've come to that conclusion. There are some drugs that definitely shouldn't be made legal. Especially those that the younger generation is using now in clubs.

15. teddyv

And how will you fill those prisons of yours?

16. פNIʞƎƎS

Politicians.

17. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Jail for drugs is an outrage.
    Jail, except in the case of violent offenders is also an outrage.

18. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Not just politicians, Illinois governors specifically. We seem to pick winners.

19. teddyv

Sure but when the prisons are privately owned, you gotta keep the market going.

20. tango

tango ... and you shall live ... Staff Member

I don't see why it's anybody else's business what I voluntarily put into my body.

There's obviously a case to be made to prohibit certain combinations of activities (drinking and driving being an obvious example) but if I'm at home and choose to partake of a substance, toxic or otherwise, why is it suddenly the government's business?

The question of who owns our bodies gets even more interesting when dealing with people who believe vaccines to be harmful (or even potentially harmful). Whatever the scientific rights and wrongs, we need to consider where to define the point at which the government gets more rights over my body than I have.