Decisions

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by teddyv, Feb 1, 2018.

1. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

Hi all,

Recently my wife interviewed for a principalship at another Christian school - back in the Vancouver area. Based on the recent communication it sounds like they want to offer her the job. But we are really unsure. It would take too much to explain her reservations about the school in question, but there is the matter of uprooting the kids again, the younger ones who are not that keen. I am personally happier where we are now than I've probably been anywhere before, but that's easy to say when you are not the main breadwinner for the family. I have been able to restart in geology, plus work at the school. Moving would probably put me back to square one for the short to medium term. The kids are pretty happy here as well. Of course, most of our family is down in Vancouver, so there is that as well.

So long story short, we are really torn over the decision. The time will come when my wife will want to take that next step. She also feels like she needs to do a few more things here. More opportunities will arise in time as well.

2. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Praying for wisdom and strong leading in this difficult decision.

3. TrustGzus

TrustGzus What does this button do? Staff Member

Ditto. Tough one, Teddy. I hope our LORD makes it obvious for you.

4. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

Praying

5. teddyv

teddyv The horse is in the barn. Staff Member

So she/we decided yesterday that she would not accept this position. Based on the last e-mail exchange, she felt at peace (as much as she can) about declining the position, if offered. As I mentioned previously, there will undoubtedly be more opportunities in the future.

And I don't have to think about packing up the house again for a bit.

TrustGzus likes this.
  6. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Sorry I missed this. Glad you all have peace in this matter.