Criminalizing pronouns...

Discussion in 'Controversial' started by devilslayer365, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I do find it odd that it passed the State Senate. I see no reason why an individual could not just file a complaint if they felt they were being treated with contempt or less than dignified --what have you--
    I do not find this as a necessary law and wonder what conditions initially brought the idea about?
    I also do not buy into the "religious reasons for not calling anyone what they wish to be called". That's just petty.
    Calling someone whatever they want to be called has to do with treating others how we wish to be treated, regardless if we agree with them or not, think they are bonkers, etc. Besides if a person is uncomfortable they can just call individual by their proper name. Harry, Sally or Sid etc.

2. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

If someone is secure in their identity, they won't care what pronoun(s) anyone else uses, or doesn't use. Demanding that the world conform to their ideal - or else! - isn't a sign of a healthy mind.

3. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL.

The point is, free speech permits you to call anyone anything you like, whether it is kind or cruel, dignified or profane.

Employers have the right to fire people for mistreating customers and clients.

This is a law with neither meaning, necessity, or merit, which is wholly unconstitutional and unenforceable.

The fact that it passed the State Senate in California informs you how dysfunctional and idiotic government entities can be when filled with dysfunction and idiotic people.

devilslayer365 likes this.
  4. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I agree. That is why I am wondering where the bill stemmed from...someones imagination or what?

5. Scooby_Snax

Scooby_Snax Rut-Roh

I do agree...the bill is not lawful. It is dramatic and strange. I do wish people would just get over themselves, but no one does without divine intervention...IMO. I don't have to understand everything or everyone. I am called to love, and I find that very difficult sometimes without the same sort of intervention.

6. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

Probably from someone who wants to extend protections / rights to LGBT+ individuals who are consistently (and purposely) referred to with the wrong pronouns. The question we ought to be asking ourselves, is if the people we know started referring to us with the wrong pronouns, how would it affect us? I wouldn't be bothered so much ;) But I don't think the majority of us would demand such behavior be criminalised.

And also, if gender / sexual expression is on a spectrum, then where is the 'S' in LGBT+? It's all agenda driven, and the people in these 'communities' who aren't driven by that agenda probably don't care for the virtue signalling.

7. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

Maybe society deserves it after centuries (millennia) of abuse against these people. And as a Christian I only have to love them, which can be hard enough at times, it certainly is a challenge.

8. DaniH

DaniH You're probably fine.

To corrupt people who love power and need votes to stay in power, this is all absolutely worth sending someone to jail over. It's low-hanging fruit.

Because actual criminals are usually very good at avoiding law enforcement. So they're now passing laws to go after people who operate out in the open and dare have different opinions, so they can make their current version of failed government look like they're actually accomplishing something, when really they're not. Because California is bankrupt and can't get its act together because of all the high level government corruption and failed politicians. So they have to do something to save face, since next year is a major election year, and this all feeds into the current public sentiment. It's a PR move for the sake of votes, definitely with an eye on 2020 also since the Democrat Party lost so badly in 2016.

If you honestly believe that this is about feelings, and not power and votes, then you're a very naive person, my friend.

I'm all for LGBT people having equal rights, mind you, but there are more important things on the California agenda, one would think, with all the problems it's having that nobody can seem to solve.

Maybe start thinking like a corrupt politician and everything will become more clear. :)

9. devilslayer365

devilslayer365 Wazzup?!

Yeah, I should just get it in my head that the ENTIRE PLANET will become a cluster**** before Christ returns. That has to include the United States. Sigh...