Common Man

Discussion in 'Bards Corner' started by TomH, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TomH

TomH Well-Known Member

Just a common man.
    Always feeling there had to be a mistake. How could this woman child have fallen in love with me.
    Just a common man.
    By Gods Grace I was chosen to be by her side. Her laughter would fill a room.
    She reserved a secret smile just for me.
    Just a common man.
    She could command respect from leaders and allow a small child to teach her.
    Yet she entrusted her soul to me.
    Just a common man.
    She became friends with thousands.
    Yet chose me to be her lover.
    Just a common man.
    A woman who gave answers and made thing happen. Lifted spirits of the weak, and humbled the mighty.
    Yet wanted to be a child in my arms.
    Just a common man.
    She embraced many, easing pains and conquering fears.
    But wanted only me to hold her hand crossing the avenue.
    Just a common man.
    She would spend her life collecting followers.
    Mentoring many.
    Yet insisted I lead in our love dance.
    Just a common man.
    She could walk out the door and command respect, carry responsibility for many. Fight for the weak, and stand by the humble.
    When I'd come home, she had the coffee on and listened when I told her about my day. I felt as though I was the only thing that mattered.
    Just this common man.
    A woman who could have chosen the rich, the scholar, the poet, the powerful. Any number who would have placed her on a pedestal, showered her with gifts and wrote poetry for her.
    She chose to walk beside me, and share all the intimacies of our lives together.
    Just a common man.
    There must have been a mistake.

TomH

2. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

As your friends on Facebook said, no mistake here my friend.

3. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

That was beautiful. Very touching. Got my eyes a little blurry.

4. ProDeo

ProDeo What a day for a day dream

2 And He opened his mouth and taught them, saying: 3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. 6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. 8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. 9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

I never had the pleasure to meet beautiful V but depending of what I have read through the years I guess especially v6-v9 describe her very well.

IMHO.

I also guess you are one of the few lucky people who have such a rich and loving remembrance on your departed partner. I imagine there is pain in the stories since you miss her, on the other hand it makes me wonder if you had the choice to erase the stories - and thus kill the pain - you would take it.